Forums are back in action! ×

Anime

WillVZ

I don't know what's on Netflix right now, but if it is on there, I can recommend Spice and Wolf. I didn't think I'd like it, but I'm almost done with the series and it is pretty awesome.

If you let us know what kind of anime you like, we might be able to narrow down the choices for you.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I don't know what's on Netflix right now, but if it is on there, I can recommend Spice and Wolf. I didn't think I'd like it, but I'm almost done with the series and it is pretty awesome.

If you let us know what kind of anime you like, we might be able to narrow down the choices for you.

Couldn't get in to Spice and Wolf, but thanks for the suggestion. Let's see, I'm kind of all over the place. I love the action ones like Soul Eater, FLCL, Fullmetal Alchemist and the sort. But I also enjoy the more artsy things like Mushishi and Paprika. Not a big fan of the hello kitty type stuff though.

Weretiger Assassin

Pwr Lvl 1

(wannabe)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm... More action based stuff... How about Cowboy Bebop, Gantz, Outlaw Star, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, The Big O, Trigun or Yu Yu Hakusho? Those are the ones that I've watched recently. Blood+ is pretty good too. And I've heard good things of Elfen Leid (or however it is spelled). But I don't have a netflix account, so I can't check to see what's available.

Level 1 Woodwose

Hmmm... More action based stuff... How about Cowboy Bebop, Gantz, Outlaw Star, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, The Big O, Trigun or Yu Yu Hakusho? Those are the ones that I've watched recently. Blood+ is pretty good too. And I've heard good things of Elfen Leid (or however it is spelled). But I don't have a netflix account, so I can't check to see what's available.

Alot of those are availabe on Netflix, but def Gantz if you want ultra violent messed up, also Darker than Black, Bleach, WitchBlade, etc

Wow, I must have too much time on my hands because I've seen all of those except Gantz, and of course that one isn't on netflix. I'll have to give Bleach another shot though. I've seen an episode or two, but never kept it going. And btw Elfen Lied is great, but ridiculously violent. Thanks :)

Weretiger Assassin

Pwr Lvl 1

(wannabe)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd recommend Sgt. Frog, High School of the Dead, Full Metal Panic, Gurren Lagann, Baka and Test, Eden of the East, Baccano, xxxHolic, and Heroic Age.

Hulu and Crunchyroll have a lot of titles too. I have subscriptions to both, so I'm not sure what's only available in the free versions. FUNimation's video website also has lots of videos, but I haven't checked out the site in awhile. I know they and Crunchyroll both carry simulcasts for some shows currently airing in Japan.

Alot of those are availabe on Netflix, but def Gantz if you want ultra violent messed up, also Darker than Black, Bleach, WitchBlade, etc

Yes, Gantz is the most messed up anime that I have seen (and that says a lot), but if you can find it, it is worth watching.

Wow, I must have too much time on my hands because I've seen all of those except Gantz, and of course that one isn't on netflix. I'll have to give Bleach another shot though. I've seen an episode or two, but never kept it going. And btw Elfen Lied is great, but ridiculously violent. Thanks :)

I never cared for Bleach. The first season was good, the second was ok, but after that it just felt like they were trying to keep it going as long as possible. I had the same problem with Inuyasha.

I'd recommend Sgt. Frog, High School of the Dead, Full Metal Panic, Gurren Lagann, Baka and Test, Eden of the East, Baccano, xxxHolic, and Heroic Age.

Hulu and Crunchyroll have a lot of titles too. I have subscriptions to both, so I'm not sure what's only available in the free versions. FUNimation's video website also has lots of videos, but I haven't checked out the site in awhile. I know they and Crunchyroll both carry simulcasts for some shows currently airing in Japan.

Grrr... You are the newest reason why I will have no life coming up. Crunchyroll seems to be an awesome site.

Level 1 Woodwose

Not anime, but Avatar: the Last Airbender is on Netflix and it is a phenomenal series...it's inspired by anime, too. Not sure if you're interested but I try to pimp that series whenever possible.

YES! Also, the nickelodeon website has the episodes of Avatar: Legend of Korra, the sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender, up on their website! To watch the show on TV, it comes on nick, Saturdays at 11am.

I second Darker than Black if you haven't seen it already.

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

I watched the first 2 episodes of Angel Beats recently. That was all that was available on Hulu. I'm pretty picky about anime, and it held my interest.

Angel Beats was an awesome anime. It's on Netflix. Very good ending I thought too. Kind of sad but happy ending ya know?

Weretiger Assassin

Pwr Lvl 1

(wannabe)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lots of good suggestions. I've seen most of them thanks to my shotty study habits. I'm watching high school of the dead right now. It's entertaining but wayyyyy to much fan service with the ladies. Not that I mind it horribly, but it kind of gets in the way of the more serious story oriented scenes. I remember seeing some episodes of avatar in the past and liking them, so I'll probably watch that next. And, apparently I really need to see this Gantz show.

Weretiger Assassin

Pwr Lvl 1

(wannabe)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm watching high school of the dead right now. It's entertaining but wayyyyy to much fan service with the ladies. Not that I mind it horribly, but it kind of gets in the way of the more serious story oriented scenes.

Oh yeah, the fan service in that show is way too over the top. I almost didn't watch it past the first episode because of it. I rolled my eyes quite a bit watching that show.

Archived