Forums are back in action! ×

Hope I find Dexterity

Roflhouse

If you want speed, do hill sprints or sprints in general.

To get better reflexes, try martial arts, tennis or racquetball.

For more balance, check with the Assassins on gymnastics and parkour.

--EDIT--

I just noticed my DEX is my lowest score (at 1), maybe you should get more advice than just from me. Haha

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

As mentioned above, Gymnastic-style bodyweight work coupled with martial arts or certain sports is one excellent way to boost "dexterity" - here are a couple other ideas:

-Instead of straight-line sprints, go to a basketball or tennis court, pick a couple lines pretty close together, and for 20 seconds or so, go back and forth between them as many times as possible, rest then repeat. Work on your lateral acceleration. Alternatively, put some cones down and go through them as fast as possible, slalom-style. There's a million different ways to do this: think sprints, but focus on acceleration in various directions instead of raw, straight-line speed.

-Yoga/flexibility work. Flexibility and self-awareness actually play into dexterity more than most people realize.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Skating!!

I can't think of anything better for working on balance/bodily awareness/movement control. If you're a beginner, many rinks offer adult group classes working on nationally graded basic skills schemes (ours is SkateUK, but I know the US has something similar) which makes for easy goal setting since you can aim to pass a level. Also, it's great fun.

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

Archived