Forums are back in action! ×

Slosh Pipe

Ghost

Ghost here,

Now I'm a bit of a slackoff, and sometimes when I have something I just forget about it and stop using it.

But sometimes, I remember I have these things and start using them again. Just like the Slosh Pipe.

Now if you don't know what a slosh pipe is it is just a thick PVC pipe half filled with water.

Now you might be thinking, why would you want a water filled pipe. The answer is because water is liquid.

Liquid moves. So if I was to hold the pipe above my head and lean even slightly to the left, all the water in the pipe would follow.

And it is not a slow movement either, it all slams in one direction.

With one of these, squatting becomes more fun, you must fight not just up and down, but side to side.

My two favorite exercises with the Slosh Pipe are an overhead hold, and and rowing motion. When I say rowing,

I mean kayaking, leaning side to side. It's harder than you think because your core must draw all that water back up.

And the overhead hold is great, It is helping me with my handstands too. Your shoulders are strengthen like crazy,

and I even close my eyes and pretend I am upside down. Helps balance.

Has anyone else used one of these? What exercises do you like, and you think are best?

I haven't used one, but I have been intrigued by them. Never got the gumption to make one. I hear they are heavy when the water rushes side to side and just running or even walking with one for a while is one major workout.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I've used one for squatting and walks Just over 2 metres long 3/4 filled with water. It was beastly and i ached very much afterwards. As for how heavy, depends on the diameter of your pipe and how much you fill it.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

The weight can be whatever you want it to be, within the dimensions of the pipe. But the real beauty is in the movement of that weight.

But it is a versatile tool. You could completely fill it with water to make it heavier, but also slosh less. I just use an end with a screw on cap to help change water levels.

The usual length is 10 foot, and diameter is up to you. So, at 10 foot, 3 inch diameter, filled 2/3 way full, that would be approximately 82 pounds plus the weight of the pipe. But it will feel much heavier when that 80 pounds decides to rapidly switch from left to right.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived