Forums are back in action! ×

Best "nerd" workout music? (pop not allowed)

DoogieT

Almost forgot: "It's My Turn to Fly" - The Urge, from 'Titan A.E.' Great song, plus they're hometown boys and put on a great show.

Oh HELL yes. I remember The Urge. There was a lot of really decent music coming out of the midwest in the mid90s.

EightDigit - Level 1 Dwarven RangerSTR: 3 | DEX : 3 | STA : 3 | CON : 2 | WIS : 2 | CHA : 2Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade.-Rudyard KiplingBattleLog | G+ Account 

Alright, here ya go!

You should change "This Love" to "Walk". Just a suggestion...since "Walk" is better and all!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Oh! The soundtrack to the Scott Pilgrim movie - that was a lot of fun.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

I'd agree with this entire thread.

And if they haven't been mentioned. Powerglove: epic powermetal covers of old video game themes and kids tv themes. They're all on youtube if you want to take a listen.

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

I just realized I've been listening to this song for years and still have no idea what it's about, but whenever "Sprinter" by the J-pop group Kalafina comes on my playlist, I feel like I can run forever. That and "A Song Of Storm And Fire" from the Tsubasa anime soundtrack.

What, no-one else here has the music from Doom or Doom II?

Fans of Star Control II should look up "The Ur-Quan Masters", a modern open-source remake by the original creators. The game is brilliant and there's new music available for nearly all of the original tunes!

And yes, I have FFVIII. "Maybe I'm a Lion" is good, but I particularly like "The Extreme".

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Yes! So glad Jonathon Coulton and the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack were mentioned. Also, I would add Voltaire and *some* Protomen songs. It's not great for running, but epic for lifting weights.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Ranger

"Judge me by my size, do you?"

Starting Stats - STR:2 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:3.5 CHA:3.5

Yes! So glad Jonathon Coulton and the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack were mentioned. Also, I would add Voltaire and *some* Protomen songs. It's not great for running, but epic for lifting weights.

Voltaire! Good call. "The Industrial Revolution (And how it ruined me)" is one of my favourite songs by anyone ever. I want to play it at a protest some day.

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

For whoever liked the "Doom" remix, I'll swap you a Final Fantasy 4 remix:

http://ff4.ocremix.org/ If you like epic battle tunes, give the "Finale Part Two" track a listen.

That's be me, but I actually got that when I downloaded the Doom remix. Great stuff, I especially love "Emerald Beauty," though that may be because Rydia is my favorite character in that game. There's also a pretty good techno remix of all the Sonic & Knuckles songs you might wanna check out.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived