Forums are back in action! ×

Competitive tag: how would this work?

I was discussing this with the wife and some friends last night, and we all agreed that the game of tag should be turned into a professional sport.

What we got hung up on was how it would work. Would it be team-based? Would it be an individual sport? If so, how would it be scored? Would a professional capture the flag league make more sense?

These are the things that keep me up at night. Any ideas on how to make NATO (North American Tag Organization) a reality?

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

The rules of tag would have to be changed somewhat. Basically, it could be either team or individual sport with a set time limit. Whoever has been "it" for the least amount of time is the winner.

Or you could do it similar to flag football (or for the less sport inclined, Mario Kart battle rounds) where you have let's say 3 flags (Mario Kart analogy, 3 balloons) and to get tagged, someone must rip a flag off of you. Teams would make this much less chaotic. Winner would be the team that still has people with flags. MVP would be the person to take the most flags. You could even do it where if you take 3 flags, you can get one of your own back or revive someone from your team (who now has 1 flag).

Third, freeze tag. Have 1 member per team who is designated "it" they can freeze the other team on touch. 1 person named "super it (or medic?)" who can freeze and unfreeze people. First team to be completely frozen is the loser.

I could see all of these done on a paintball-like course with lots of obstacles and room to spread out.

Ok, now I want in on this game...

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived