Forums are back in action! ×

EPIC QUEST - I'm Calling This Move the HOLY GRAIL

ETFnerd

Agreed, that dude is wild.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

i guess his name is cato aspmo (he is cat-like) and he's ridiculous... don't try this at home...

at 5:20 in this video, he does backflip to handstand on an elevated surface, which gives him less time to get into the handstand position... so sick...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

That is crazy stuff!

Hmm i don't know if this is real or faked. He stops half way through the motion like he just told gravity " Hey, stop for a second so i can flip over"

It might be something along the lines of ballon in dancing:

Physically, the dancer's center of mass follows a ballistic trajectory, as does any projectile, but observers have limited ability to reckon center of mass when a projectile changes its configuration in flight. By raising the arms and legs while ascending and lowering them while descending, the dancer alters the apparent path of the center of mass and, in so doing, seems to observers to be momentarily floating in the air.

it's known as a kip-up to handstand... but in essence what's happening is that you are doing a front flip springing from and landing on your hands... look ma... no legs...

usually you spring with your legs and land on your legs... this is the opposite...

incredible...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Yeah Cato is really big in the russian parkour scene. Funny enough the front flip technique that he's throwing involves using your arms to tuck more than your legs. To get his hands through he has to cowboy tuck his legs, but he can't actually do much with them because there isn't enough time. So he uses his hands to tuck (its very very fast though because he has to get them back to catch it). The technique he uses is called the russian front flip. Very cool.

He's a sponsored athlete through Urban Freeflow I think. His videos are very inspiring he tends to do compound moves like that. The most recent one he released was a diveroll 360 on the top of a shed, but the roll throws him off into a side flip. I'll have to find the video and post it. That move actually isn't as hard ad you guys make it out to be, it's how smooth he makes it that's impressive.

Just my traceur $0.02

Found it

i find that people who've never been able to do a particular skill can't fathom how hard it is...

" Any sufficiently advanced maneuver is indistinguishable from magic...." John C. Clarke (Arthur C. Clarke's little known parkour practicing brother :D )

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I can only think of one thing: Ninja Warrior

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Guys really a lot of what he can do isn't so much hard as it is he has a good base to work off of. A base that he built by practicing consistently. From there its just hard work and creativity.

Also yeah its not easy to make a living with it, but I'd imagine its easier than you think.

yeah... making a living as a pro athlete in an extreme and dangerous sport is easier than i think... i think not... :)

Archived