Forums are back in action! ×

Suggestions for dressy work shoes

Rurounii

I've noticed that the dress shoes I usually wear to interviews and when I work are falling apart and don't look very neat so I think it's time I got new ones. Finding new shoes is always hard for me because I'm picky. I don't like much of a heel, designs, or too thick a sole. I also don't like leather but make an exception when it comes to dress shoes out of necessity.

In the past I have owned these in black with a dark grey suede section:

Bed Stu Quarter Oxford

and these Aldo shoes in black with laces and less of a heel:

Aldo

Right now I'm thinking of getting the Vivobarefoot Ra in black pull-up leather. It has almost everything I'm looking for, including my mental "I want to be able to run at any moment if I have to" requirement.

Vivobarefoot Ra

I was hoping you guys also had suggestions or would show what you wear to an office type setting. I'm totally a fan of sneakers everywhere, but some places aren't ok with that.

Edit: the shoes I've worn in the past seem to have been discontinued, so they aren't an option anymore

Rurounii
Level 5 Half Elf/Half Saiyan Ranger
STR: 12 DEX: 5 STA: 20 CON: 11 WIS: 12 CHA: 7.5
Current Challenge: Challenge 4: Back on Track to Super Saiyan!

I like a cap toe oxford.

^ this. Super conservative, sure. But a worthwhile purchase if you are doing a lot of interviews (along with a good suit). Also, if you invest in a nice pair (like these), don't make the mistake of actually wearing them to work every day once you actually get an office job. I wore out my first pair of really nice dress shoes in a hurry. I have some cheapo rubber soled shoes I got at Kohl's for everyday work wear now, and just break out the nice ones when the occasion calls for it.

Edit: those vivobarefoot ones look awesome - I'm intrigued. But I would never wear them to an interview.

Could I take a look at the Ecco shoes at Macy's? I would like to see them in person before I made a decision. Like I said, I'm really picky about sole thickness.

Big fan of Oxfords.

I forgo belts and stick to skinny suspenders. I like that I can color coordinate them with my outfit.

I just think the vivobarefoots would be really comfortable.

Rurounii
Level 5 Half Elf/Half Saiyan Ranger
STR: 12 DEX: 5 STA: 20 CON: 11 WIS: 12 CHA: 7.5
Current Challenge: Challenge 4: Back on Track to Super Saiyan!

Archived