Forums are back in action! ×

Frustrated!!!

Missy

What are you eating. This area is where the insulin response tends to deposit fat first and as such it also tends to be the last to go. You can speed that up by cutting out any insulin response you can.

And I stand corrected. Learn something new every day (And this totally explains why, as a diabetic, my stomach is the only part of my body with any body fat on it. at all)

My belly is the last place for it to leave and the first place it goes. I lost 15 lb then gained it back this year, and my belly has a larger portion of that from before. The only thing I've heard that helps is that the insulin spikes caused by carbs is one thing that tends to make fat get stored in the belly, upper thighs, and rear. You could cut them back if you already haven't and see if it helps.

edit: Ryan beat me, that's what happens hen I open 10 topics and forget to reload before posting as I work through them.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Lipo requires money which is extremely tight lol and ive been on a Paleo diet for almost a month now.. I work ou t 4 days a week weith yoga on my off days and i have 4 kids who keep me going all day.. Hence my belly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I am what I am...- Popeye

Speaking for myself, in the past when I've been reasonably skinny, I always still had a flabby lower belly that wrecked my silouette. It wasn't fat, really, it was just soft muscles, as I wasn't using my lower abs/lower back properly (leading to TERRIBLE technique and injuries, naturally). It's only now that I am doing proper deadlifting/squatting technique that my lower back/abs are tightening up.

So... does your lower back ache at all? do you find your butt sticks out when you look at yourself side-face? Might be a weak lower back/abs.

REBEL - Adventurer

Fairy Werewolf

LEVEL 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2+1 STR | 3+1 DEX | 2 STA | 3 CON | 4 WIS | 1 CHA

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Then it takes several thousand more to actually get anywhere.

Usually have eggs, chicken, or even fish for breakfast with varied friut and veggies.. My other meals are basically the same and I'll snack on almonds.

And yes my lower belly is the issue, my back hurts sometimes and my butt sticks out but i thought it was normal its always been like that..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I am what I am...- Popeye

I realized "butt sticking out" is the worst description ever, since... you know.. butts are known for that.

SO!

Look at this article: http://sqoatz.blogspot.ca/2009/01/lordosis-why-it-causes-lower-back-pain.html

See how the lower belly kinda sticks out and is all flabby? Thats what I noticed in myself. Maybe you've got the same problem. The fun part is that you can do "lower back strengthening exercises" without actually hitting your lower back, because habit has taught the body to compensate for it's weakness. It might take practice to learn how to activate the proper mucles, like you can tense a bicep on command. I have learned to sort of... visualize a zipper going up from my groin to belly button, and up the back of hips along the spine. If you follow me. Still not perfect, but getting there.

The plus side, is that if this IS your issue, and you fix it, you are going to be delighted. Your back wont hurt. You will be taller. You'll have better balance. You'll be stronger. You will be able to bend farther. And, best of all, your figure will look amazing. The key to an athletic looking body - a strong lower spine. Go figure.

REBEL - Adventurer

Fairy Werewolf

LEVEL 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2+1 STR | 3+1 DEX | 2 STA | 3 CON | 4 WIS | 1 CHA

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Then it takes several thousand more to actually get anywhere.

3 P's

Posture (or, in other words, what Cassia Randall recommended)

Planks (they will help with the posture and you will feel better when your torso is stronger)

Patience (sorry. no one want's to hear that one. but looking at the progress you had already made when you joined NF, plus the progress you've made since then, it looks like you are doing effing AWESOME!)

You've got this. You came in knowing that consistency was going to be you're biggest challenge, and you're still here. This is the life change that lasts, and even though the price of that is slower progress, the lasting benefits are worth it.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Is it sub-cutaneous or visceral fat?

Check this out: belly fat!

It's likely a combination of both, if you've been paleo for only a month, but be aware that visceral fat might also be causing some of your back pain. See in the pic how it can rest between the spine and the main organ sack? Not cool, having any kind of pressure there can cause you to hunch or tuck your pelvis or do any number of other compensatory movements that can damage your posture and plenty other stuff besides.

You're on the right track with the losing fat all over, but your visceral fat is largely controlled by your insulin response. Translation: Ryan and Corey have it pegged. Check your sugar intake (ALL sugar, including fructose) and make sure you're sleeping plenty. Sub-cutaneous fat tends to take care of itself as you shed it all over your body, so not too much to worry about there.

Have faith in the process, this is just the beginning. YOU'VE GOT THIS. **fist bump**

You can't take the sky from me...
Level 4: Coyote Skin-Walker, Hunter, Ranger, Maker Of Dust
6'0" | white female | age: 25 | 42-35-42
CON: 7 | DEX: 8 | STR: 10 | STA: 8 | WIS: 10.5 | CHA: 7
Heaviest: 267.2 | Current: 206.1 | Final goal: 190

Ok folks I seem to be losing weight everywhere but my belly and I am at the end of my rope.. Any ideas???:grief:

What would happen if you actually reached the end of your rope and you did something about it?

Giving up?

This means that you are temporarily inconviencing yourself and not making permanent lifestyle change; any progress you make will likewise only be temporary. Losing weight is the easy part.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

4 weeks really isn't that long. You are losing weight, so progress is being made. But it just takes time. Keep eating right, doing muscle building exercises and sleep and it will happen. And then you will still have to keep doing the same stuff or your belly fat will quickly reappear.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I have that same problem :/

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

I don't know how true it is, but I hear where you want to lose the most fat is where your are going to lose it last, or something like that.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

seconding elastigirl. body recomposition takes time. afterall, you didn't grow that belly in a almost a month. focus on the fitness; the strength gains, the stamina gains, feeling energized, and let the aesthetics come in gradually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I agree. All of my research, and a lovely young lady I used to work with, has shown me that pelvic tilt can cause these issues, where the lower belly and bum sort of stick out too much, one in compensation for the other, all cause by imbalances in the abs, lower back and possible tight muscles in the hips.

In addition to planks (I like the Rolling Plank of Doom, and not only because it's fun to say) I recommend kettlebell swings, or the dumbbell alternative.

And I've always believed, and been told, that working out to achieve function over form is the best, most efficient course of action. And the most beneficial, because not only will you have to physique you want, but it'll be functional too :D

And I'll definitely have to look into this insulin response stuff. It sounds fascinating.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Archived