Forums are back in action! ×

Nerding out over new exercises

Jkaylor

Does anyone else get really excited after learning a new exercise. I just started doing toes to bars at the crossfit gym, and although I was super sore they are so much fun. I had to go on a work spike I the woods and I was thinking about toes to bars the entire time. I tried to grab some tree branches and do some out there but they kept snapping off (stupid jeffrey pines)

Does anyone else have a new/favorite exercise that they are geeking out over?

I'm a huge fan of the Rollin Plank of Doom (pretty sure spezzy posted about it. Or not, my memory isn't so good.)And spiderman pushups. I also kind of geek out when I can do interval sprints, which happens rarely since I usually don't have a lot of space usually (one of the pitfalls of working in a camp in the middle of the bush)

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Just the other day I tried doing hurdles for the first time ever. Just trying the form and then jumping over something small. I actually enjoyed it and want to try it again. I might've fooled myself into doing sprints, as long as I can jump over something.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

What are rollin planks of doom. They sound like they might be dangerous

I had to search it (though I lost the thread already). It is 30 seconds of a left side plank, 30sec plank, 30sec right side plank and 30sec reverse plank and repeat until you can't anymore.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

On my old trail crew we use to do something similar to that we called super happy fun time. it was 20 push ups 2 min plank 20 push ups 2 minute side plank 20pushups 2 mins other side 20 push ups 2 min plank 20 push ups. It was not happy or fun

rollin planks of doom sounds like fun, I might have to torture my friends with it

Archived