Forums are back in action! ×

Good woot, bad woot

Good woot: I'm slim enough to pull off the (mostly) maintenance-free buzzcut I've wanted for the last couple of years without looking like a pylon.

Bad woot: I'm slim enough that I need to buy basically a whole new wardrobe. It's something to celebrate, but at quite the cost.

Yeah, I'm complaining about two pretty big appearance goals, but have you seen how much they charge for a shirt these days? Highway robbery.

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

Total woot!

Try shopping at thrift stores - Salvation Army, Goodwill...or even some of the discount stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx.

She beat me to it. I loooove Goodwill. (No Salvation Army stores close by here, or I'd shop there as well.)

Also, WOOT!!

Dude, that's awesome! Congrats :) Also, for the new wardrobe, there's some outlets close enough to Hammer-town that could be worth the drive (out niagara way comes to mind first, but then there's the stuff heading into T.O. and also, if you're up for it, you could cross the border).

'Course, I do epic once-per-year shops and drop loads of coin so I can maximize the time between shopping bouts :), so I don't mind travelling a bit if it means I can get some sweet deals and finish in 1 session.

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

I'll probably invest in some versatile dress shirts and a tailor for my suit (could probably hit two birds with one stone for that one and just go to one store), and stick with cheaper stuff for everything else. Plaid counts as business casual, right?

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

I was going to say the in Seattle, my business casual attire includes tons of plaid. And we have good thrift stores. I was planning on taking some of my favorite shirts and getting them tailored to fit better. Good luck and congrats!

Level 1 Dwarf Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2.5 DEX 1 STA 2 CON 2.5 WIS 4 CHA 2

"Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry" Jack Kerouac

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18187-Drayz-First-Fall-Challenge

Archived