Forums are back in action! ×

skinny-fatty reporting for duty

I'm. Too ecto for my shirt. Too ecto for my shirt. So ecto it hurts (because I regularly bang my ribs and elbows on things).

For the last few years I submitted myself to the gnarliness of law school and put my body's needs in last place. I became vegan and biked 25 miles a day to commute to school. On an already skinny frame, this meant constantly eating all the wrong things. I've got a bit of a tire going, although I've taken up meat again (with serious gusto) and I'm lifting heavy things. For me, though, that means a current max squat of 75 lbs -- half my body weight (6' tall).

I'd like to have a little more density than I do. I want to do chin-ups plural and not feel like I'm going to blow away. So I'm here. Here, is Portland, OR, btw, so I'd love to hear from other Stumptowners.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Erawka, I recall my days at 6'2" and 150lbs. Looking at your goals you've got a better start than I had: keep your eyes on the big squatting, pull ups and similar compound lifts, none of that silly assistance and isolation work the magazines throw your way.

Building oneself into a being of strong physical substance is a rewarding task. If you've brought yourself through law school at this point you definitely have what it takes to succeed.

illcDimension hopping Ranger-Cartographer, level 2STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Training Log

Of Goats and Rucks Challenge (June -July 2013)

~Take care. Be bold.~

I applaud your meat gusto! (is that awkward? whatever...) welcome to the rebellion!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Thanks, illc! I got a lot of solid lifting info from Mistress Krista at Stumptuous. That website and NF pretty much sold me on the importance of big lifts for all, but especially for skins-n-bones like me. It sounds like you're pretty knowledgeable yourself, but the site's great if you're interested. The author is high-larious, too, especially when it comes to myths about ladies bulking up beyond recognition.

Hammlin, thanks! I'm really glad to be eating meat again -- especially fish! Totally not awkward, although I thought through a few awkward replies while typing this. Also, I like your profile pic. A whole lot.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Archived