Forums are back in action! ×

So Dragoncon is coming up...

And I need some push to get fit. Summer has made me lazy and unmotivated.

About a year ago, I decided to make some lifestyle changes. I dropped from 180 to 150 by changing my diet and walking everywhere on campus. By the end of the semester, I was on my third week of C25K and feeling good. But then school ended, I lost my drive and access to the rec center, and I've noticed over the summer I've become plush. Lying on my side at night allows me to tenderly cradle my food baby, stroking it gently as I lull myself to sleep.

Ten pounds. I have gained ten pounds over the past three months from just sitting around playing video games, watching corgi videos, and raiding the shit out of my parents' well stocked XXL fridge. All that work I've put in to achieve a super hot superhero body will have been for nothing if something doesn't change.

I think my problem is I struggle to get motivated. I need praise, but I also need someone on my ass to make sure I'm following through with my fitness goals. My friends and family are fat and happy, so I get very little support from them aside from the chipper, "But you looked fine before!" whenever I've finally reached a goal. I need a community that actually cares about getting fit and healthy and not just skinny-fat in time to squeeze into a cosplay for a con. So... here I am!

My name is Alison, I'm twenty years old, and I'm 5'9 and weigh 160 lbs. I hate running, I like lifting heavy things and putting them back down, and I love swimming.

Sidhe Adventurer

LVL 1 | STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

Welcome to the Rebellion!

You've definitely found the right place for "not settling" and improving! Looking around at everyone's awesome leveling up here has me convinced that I'll always have a new goal to work on, and that "looking fine before" is no reason to avoid improving! Supportive Awesome People FTW!

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Welcome to the Rebellion! When you said this "I hate running, I like lifting heavy things and putting them back down, and I love swimming." It reminded me of me a bit and you know what their isn't anything wrong with it. Lifting heavy object is a great way to get your body moving and to not only lose the extra stuff that we all have but also but on that dense muscle stuff we all want. There is a wealth of knowledge and information within the members here so definitely use it, along with absolute support of your goals. I just started here recently and the things I have learned in 1 month are more than i ever learned over the last year with regards to fitness. Get ready to level up your life!!

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Welcome! (and yay another Georgian!)

Sounds like you're in the right place. Find a plan you like and we will be here to woot for you and kick you in the butt when appropriate :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Hey Alison, I'm totally with you! D:

I too made some basic lifestyle changes over the years, cutting out high-fructose corn syrup and most bread, walking to/from work a lot. It's helped me keep my weight stable without barely any effort! But then this past 6 months have been drinking months --- hooo, boy. And of course with drinking, comes the late night drunken macaroni/ramen binge before deep sleep. (Kind of negating the "most bread" part.) Also cradling my noodle pot before lulling off to sleep. HAHA WAIT NO. It sucks! 10 lbs gained as well!

I totally feel you - 10 lbs by D*Con will be a challenge but not impossible! I wish I was going this year - I've been there several times, and I love it! :) What cosplays do you have planned?

blindasutsutsu--

I like it because it's the easiest and leaves me burning, but not breathless. I hate running because my nose starts running faster than I do and my lungs are never big enough to breathe. And there's always question of what am I running from? Imagining zombies or balverines behind me helps somewhat, but it always kills my form. Liftan and squattan is nice because I can take my time.

Laura--

YEAH, GURL, GEORGIA REPRESENT.

Jia--

PFFF, right? I was like "Dohoho, weight loss is so easy!" and then I fell back into the couch potato lifestyle and my thighs smack together in applause when I run. I used to have at least a beer or two a night in college to help me wind down and then we'd go raid the late night Taco Bell or 24/7 McDonalds but we WALKED there and I still managed to keep off the weight.

Of course, I'm going to cheat with my arsenal of panty hose, waist cinchers, and Spanx for D*Con but getting back down to 150 before then would be amazing. I plan on cosplaying as Silk Spectre II (comic book version) and Aerith Gainsborough (FF7 original version), but if I don't finish then it'll be Nurse Joy, Fran Madaraki, and Madotsuki from Yume Nikki. I really want to lose weight for Silk Spectre, though, since I'd be a bit uncomfortable showing that much skin at the weight I am now. I didn't realize ten pounds would make that much of a difference, since I was totally gung-ho about showing off my body when I was 150 lbs.

Sidhe Adventurer

LVL 1 | STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

Archived