Forums are back in action! ×

I'm ready to be transformed....

Hello all! I'm very excited to have found this website. Kudos to Steve for creating Nerd Fitness. When I first met my wife I think I was around 144 pounds. I have not increased in height but now I weigh 183 pounds. It's not a pretty sight without my shirt off let's just say. I started here from making really bad food choices. I used to keep nutty bars in my car and a can of coke straight from the fridge in my house and eat on my way to work. Have a pb & j sandwich for lunch with another soda from my work's vending machine. I recently made the switch to eating Paleo and I'm glad I found it. I even bought the book "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf.

Over the past few months I have been all over the place. Got some forum members tired of me asking for more help with regards to a workout routine. It really is tough out there. So many different workout programs. I have looked at SimpleFit, Convict Conditioning, P90X, Insanity, Starting Strength, FitDeck workout cards, etc. Also tried to create my own thing. By doing Paleo already I already have dropped 5 pounds. It helps that I have a warehouse job too that keeps me active.

My goals are to lose the fat and ultimately be ripped. i want to be transformed. I want to turn my one pack into a six pack. I also want to be super strong. Sadly no funds for a gym or even weights at home also no space. But I do own a pull up/dip power station. I plan on purchasing the Rebel Strength guide and following that. Is that a good idea?

Thanks for reading and looking forward to getting advice from others and learning a lot.

Welcome! You sound like you have some great goals. Maybe joining in on the current 6 week challenge will be what you need to get motivated and focused. It sure has helped me a lot. It's about half way over now but you can join in at any time.

Good luck.

Level 6 Half-Pony Warrior Assassin
STR 9.5 | DEX 6 | STA 12.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 13.5
Current Challenge: Working out for two

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

Welcome! You sound like you have some great goals. Maybe joining in on the current 6 week challenge will be what you need to get motivated and focused. It sure has helped me a lot. It's about half way over now but you can join in at any time.

Good luck.

What is the six week challenge and where can I find more information about it?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hi there and welcome! Congrats on already starting to get your diet in order- that whole "can't out run your fork" idea is spot on :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

That's weird. The links are not working for me.

no funds for a gym or even weights at home also no space. But I do own a pull up/dip power station

looks like bodyweight training is the way to go then. If that power station fits into your house/apartment, you should have no trouble finding space to do pushups and squats. Here's your routine: squats, pushups, pull ups, hanging leg raises, and dips, seeing as you have the station to do them. focus on progressions, adding weight to your squat. working towards decline push ups or pseudo planche pushups, weighted pull ups and dips, lever progressions. don't settle for repeating routines, make them a little harder every session. to start with, your body will be fine to go every day. once you start getting up in the volume, you'll need to back off to full rest days to keep progressing, or working in a split. by that stage, you'll have a better understanding of what you want/need though.

and run. every day.

if you can though, rustle up the funds for a gym membership, and get under a barbell. read something like starting strength by mark rippetoe and go for it. for body recomposition and untrained people, a basic lifting routine will net huge gains in strength and muscle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

looks like bodyweight training is the way to go then. If that power station fits into your house/apartment, you should have no trouble finding space to do pushups and squats. Here's your routine: squats, pushups, pull ups, hanging leg raises, and dips, seeing as you have the station to do them. focus on progressions, adding weight to your squat. working towards decline push ups or pseudo planche pushups, weighted pull ups and dips, lever progressions. don't settle for repeating routines, make them a little harder every session. to start with, your body will be fine to go every day. once you start getting up in the volume, you'll need to back off to full rest days to keep progressing, or working in a split. by that stage, you'll have a better understanding of what you want/need though.

and run. every day.

if you can though, rustle up the funds for a gym membership, and get under a barbell. read something like starting strength by mark rippetoe and go for it. for body recomposition and untrained people, a basic lifting routine will net huge gains in strength and muscle.

I'm actually thinking of buying Rebel Strength guide. NerdFitness founder Steve told me it has bodyweight workout routines from beginner to advanced. My other option is join a Crossfit Gym. There is one ten minutes from my house. That's the kind of gym I want to join.

Archived