Forums are back in action! ×

Trying to Lose my Gut

Hi my name is Kevin and i have been working out for the past couple months and have went from 240Lbs to 190Lbs. I am relatively happy with my appearance but the last of my weight is around my waist and everything else is mostly lean. I just need help losing the last 10 to 15 lbs. I currently lift an hour every day with 1 day off a week and run 2 miles after my workout. I eat 2-3 meals a day and keep them paleo for the most part. Any advice would help Thank You!!!!

Hi, Kevman! I don't have any advice atm, but welcome to the boards! I'm sure some other, way smarter nerd than me can help you with some advice for shedding the last 10-15 :) . Definitely the Paleo diet is a great start. And congratulations too on reaching 190 lbs! I'm sure you'll get to your new goal in no time. :encouragement:

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Hi there Kevin! I don't have advice for you either, just a hi-how are ya and welcome to the Rebellion!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hi Kevman - welcome to NF. Maybe you need to throw in some massive change to your routine to jumpstart that last 10-15 pounds, like a completely different kind of work out, or some completely new foods .... or changing the time you work out, etc. That last plateau can be a real bugger.

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

....and run 2 miles after my workout.

Hey Kevin. Weight training is excellent, but cardio is definitely key when burning that fat (though I'm no personal trainer). When you run, do you run straight through those 2 miles? A few years it was recommended to me that I run/walk in intervals. Start by walking for 2-3 minutes, then run for 4-5 minutes. Keep alternating through the session, then cool down at the end. If you're using a treadmill or elliptical, change up the incline/resistance. When it becomes too easy, do something to make it harder. I used to do that routine religiously and it definitely helped. You need to just keep the body guessing.

I've heard before that the stomach is the first place we men put our fat reserves, and the last place we shift 'em from. Perhaps you just need to keep going!

I second this. Those last few pounds can be really, really (really) stubborn. Sounds like you've got a great plan in place (although without knowing more...I might cautiously suggest that overtraining could be an issue, depending on your lifting routine??). Can I ask if you're counting/tracking your calories in any way (calories in < calories out is still a requirement for weight loss, paleo or not)? It could be that a minor modification to diet will push you past this plateau!

Keep us posted!! Also, amazing progress to date, Kevin :)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Hey Kevin. Weight training is excellent, but cardio is definitely key when burning that fat (though I'm no personal trainer). When you run, do you run straight through those 2 miles? A few years it was recommended to me that I run/walk in intervals. Start by walking for 2-3 minutes, then run for 4-5 minutes. Keep alternating through the session, then cool down at the end. If you're using a treadmill or elliptical, change up the incline/resistance. When it becomes too easy, do something to make it harder. I used to do that routine religiously and it definitely helped. You need to just keep the body guessing.

The Almighty Steve has commented many times that cardio will not make you slim. 90% of weight loss is diet. Both together... that could be a winner.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Archived