Forums are back in action! ×

G'morin all!

I just stumbled upon Nerd Fitness a few days ago and I love it!

A little bit about me:

Im Chris, I'm 36 and live in Harrisburg, PA.

I've been heavy almost my whole life, with the exception of 2005-2007 when I lost over 100 pounds. I felt great and really for the first time started to like myself, but then lost my job and was out of work for over 2 years, got depressed and all the weight came back on with a vengence. Now here I sit at 330 lbs, not happy and it has been a real struggle to stay focused.

I finally feel like the time is right for me to get myself back to where I was.

So here I am and Im ready to be one of the next NF success stories!

July 2012 Weight: 330.2

August 2012 Weight: 325

"Could I have been anyone other than me?" - Dave Matthews

I am Co-Host of "Converse in the Ninjaverse", a podcast devoted to all things pop culture and nerdy! Check us out on itunes and Stitcher

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome!

What kind of fitness stuff are you into?

A lot of us nerds here struggle with depression...it certainly sucks and is so hard to deal with. You'll find plenty of support here! Feel free to poke around, and ask questions!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I've always been big on walking, but I want to change my routine since it has gotten to the point of being every boring. My wife has started running and will be doing the Harrisburg Mile next week, so one of my long term goals is to be able to run that with her. Right now at 330lbs thats impossible, but someday I will.

So if anyone has any excercise advice or ideas I'm open to new things :)

I am Co-Host of "Converse in the Ninjaverse", a podcast devoted to all things pop culture and nerdy! Check us out on itunes and Stitcher

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think starting with walking is a banner idea! Welcome to the rebellion! If you decide to make a change, things WILL change. :) (do I sound like a cheesy wall poster? I hope not!)

Good luck to you!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hey I like cheesy wall posters!

Re: walking/running...just start. I just recommended in another thread the Couch to 5k (C25K) program that starts off slow...and you can repeat weeks if you need or want. Also if you have a smartphone and are into that sort of thing, there are several running apps...one popular one is the Zombies, Run! app. I don't have a smartphone so I don't know the specifics, but I love zombies.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Totally sounds cheesy...but you have an owl so its all good lol

And yeah I am really ready for a change...I big change :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Rebellion. I went to Harrisburg on vacation (sort of it was a road trip but I spent some time there) I loved it! Glad you found us. You can try walking together or maybe She runs while you walk so you guys are working out at the same time.

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Welcome Criz, fellow Pennsylvanian :), to the Rebellion! Food is 80% of the battle and exercise is 20%, so your food intake may be shooting you in the foot regarding weight loss...What foods do you eat? Do you know about how many calories you consume in a day?

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Hey Chris, nice to meet you!

Depression sucks; I went through a period a few years back where it hit me fairly hard too. Opposite effect, I stopped eating as much (nice weight-wise and I didn't quite get to scary thin stage, but I wasn't exactly at my healthiest!). New here too, but say hi if you happen to see me around! :)

Level 1 Human Assassin/Monk.

Welcome Criz, fellow Pennsylvanian :), to the Rebellion! Food is 80% of the battle and exercise is 20%, so your food intake may be shooting you in the foot regarding weight loss...What foods do you eat? Do you know about how many calories you consume in a day?

No and thats part of the problem, my eating has gotten out of hand due to me being an emotional eater. I know that no matter how hard I work out if my eating isnt in line all the working out in the workd wont help. I know what I have to do, as I said I've been there before and lost a ton of weight. I just have to do it. No more excuses. I'm all in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived