Forums are back in action! ×

Donated blood today for the 1st time!

D_chelyst

Yay! I was finally able to donate blood today! Whenever I'd tried to donate (we're talking since high school), I was either too young, underweight, not physically healthy, and/or not eating what I felt were healthy foods to give quality blood. So today at my church's blood drive, I met all four requirements and I was able to do it! I was soooo nervous going in, actually nervous before I even got in the car to drive the 45 min to church, but I didn't lose my nerve in the end, and I did it. *happy dance* :victorious:

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Woot indeed! Good on ya for donating blood! I used to do that on occasion, but it's a lot harder for me to do that nowadays because I'm hard-pressed to find somewhere close to give. Still, I'm keeping an ear to the ground...

Congrats on joining the meritorious few. (If watching them poke you makes you a little ill, just look somewhere else, that's what I do. Don't close your eyes though, or they'll think you're fainting.)

Go have yourself a tasty steak with lots of iron-rich greens, and bask in your good karma!

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Congrats. I remember going with my housemate from uni who was tiny. The nurse kept saying they'd never taken blood from someone so little but they were sure it would be fine (I'm still not sure who they were trying to reassure, themselves or my housemate)

Awesome job! Way to stay strong!

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Archived