Forums are back in action! ×

Bag of dog food woot

shortstuff

This afternoon I went and got a bag of dog food for our border collie. No big deal right? Well I'm not the strongest of people, and a bit on the weak side (something I am working on as part of this 6 week challenge) and the bag of dog food is about 22kg, and I was able to get the bag from the shop, across the road and to my car, where I put it down to open my car door to put it in, and picked the bag back up and it in my car.

If that wasnt enough, once home I got it out of my car and took it inside. I never though I would be able to do something like that all by myself with out any aid in any form

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

"Bag of dog food woot" has to the be strangest headline I've seen here in a while ... but congrats on lifting that heavy bag :)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

This afternoon I went and got a bag of dog food for our border collie. No big deal right? Well I'm not the strongest of people, and a bit on the weak side (something I am working on as part of this 6 week challenge) and the bag of dog food is about 22kg, and I was able to get the bag from the shop, across the road and to my car, where I put it down to open my car door to put it in, and picked the bag back up and it in my car.

If that wasnt enough, once home I got it out of my car and took it inside. I never though I would be able to do something like that all by myself with out any aid in any form

Woot!

My first thought was of Morjorie Newlin, who I first found on the Stumptuous post about older lifters. She got into first weight lifting and then bodybuilding because she lived alone and wanted to be able to lift the 50lb bags of cat food at her supermarket without needing help. She was 72 at the time.

In conclusion, not only can you now do something you thought was impossible before, but it's never too late to get stronger. :)

Congrats shortstuff! It's amazing how it can shock you when you realise you have more strength all of a sudden :) Very happy for you! :D

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Archived