Forums are back in action! ×

Superheroes for Sam: A Photo Project

leadchipmunk

Just thought I'd pass this along. ThinkGeek posted this on their FaceBook and their blog, and I'll quote them and the original blog.

From ThinkGeek

Meet Sam.

He doesn't know it yet, but he's our hero.

Sam is six years old. He loves turtles, frogs, and comic books, hates mint and popsicles, and he has acute myeloid leukemia.

Cancer is a horrible thing for anyone, but especially so for a story-loving kid like Sam. He has a close-knit family and extended network of friends helping him through the emotional exhaustion and physical pain that comes along with cancer and it's treatment, but being six, his grasp of the extended community rallying around him is a loose one.

That's why his mother started Superheroes for Sam: A Photo Project. She wants all of us to send Sam pictures of ourselves in superhero t-shirts to show him undisputed proof of the huge online community wishing him strength.

Help us show Sam how many people are on his team. He needs to feel the love of the geeky community. We need to show him that he can be as strong as Superman, as resilient as Batman and as brilliant as Professor X.

Superman Sam:

If you want to help me show Sam how many people are on his team, so he can feel the love:

Take a photograph of yourself wearing your favorite superhero shirt

(or holding up their logo...or just smiling!)

Print out the picture.

Put it in an envelope and mail it to:

Sam Sommer, E571

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin

P.O. Box 1997

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201-1997

We will hang all the pictures on Sam's wall...Team Superman Sam!

Link to the blog/post here: http://supermansamuel.blogspot.com/2012/06/superheroes-for-sam-photo-project.html

ThinkGeek post: http://www.thinkgeek.com/blog/2012/07/superhero-sam-needs-you-on-his.html

So, what say ye Rebels? If we can get so many pictures or Steve's birthday, I say we can at least get half as many for Sam. I'm in, I don't have a superhero shirt, but I'm going to rig something up.

Also, just for fun, post your pictures on here too so we can see what we are doing. I'll update with mine when I get it taken.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived