Forums are back in action! ×

Your epic playlist?

Bayoubrew

What music do you listen to during a work out. For me its batman dark knight and Markham city. Also metal gear solid and God of war and skyrim. Oh and of course guile and ryus stage music. I know it sounds cheesy but to me there's nothing like finishing a wod and having the dark knight come on.

Initially, when I first started working out, I'd listen to pop & rap-- whatever junk was at the top of the billboards. Which worked fine; the heavy amount of bass and upbeat-ness sort of pumped me up. haha. Eventually, though, I found that I liked listening to dubstep, techno and trance while working out more. Because your mind is not confined to the lyrics in the song (like it is with pop), just the crazy beat, I find it allows your thoughts to wander more. Which, at least for me, helps to get through the workout.

If you want an example, I love this one (and if you own[ed] an N64, I'm sure you will too haha):

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Bodies - Drowning Pool

Kickstart my heart - motely crue

fuel - metallica

monster - skillet

get stoned - hinder

i own you - shinedown

feuer frei - rammstein

Dr. Feelgood - motely crue

hero - skillet

turn the page - metallica (CD)

suicide and redemption (CD)

Alts

crazy train - ozzy

welcome to the jungle - gnr

shut up and dance - aerosmith

paradise city - gnr

the way i am - eminem

awake - godsmack

bark at the moon - ozzy

going under - evanescence

all that remains - fozzy

shine down - godsmack

nobody told me - puddle of mudd

outlaw torn - metallica

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I am very eclectic when it comes to music. But some bands i do enjoy listening to while doing my exercises are: Shinedown, Skillet, SIXX AM, Drowning Pool, Halestorm, Three Days Grace, Sick Puppies, System of a Down and so on...

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

When I wrestled in High School, I'd listen to nothing but Disturbed, Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, and Slipknot for like 3 months at a time. I just recently got into The Glitch Mob (they do the music on GoPro commercials). They're kinda crunchy electronic music with full, drum-heavy, driving rhythms. I like to get in a tribal warrior kind of mindset when I work out, and they sample a lot of taiko drums so it gets me in the zone.

I mellowed out a bit since high school (now that I'm not working out to beat people up) but it's either Glitch Mob, or metal \m/

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Angry, agressive, deep stomach churning music while lifting heavy heavy shit.

Upbeat, high tempo, uplifting for high intensity cardio

Podcasts for long/low tempo style cardio

Also for any "classes" I find something authentic helps you get in the mood, for instance hearing Thai music in a Muay Thai class is awesome

A lot of different things. Deadmau5 for when I want some of something gritty (without lyrics though...I don't like lyrics with that style of music). Muse's "Uprising" is a song that gets me through some tough workout moments...helps to envision every person who ever said my workout/diet is stupid or pointless or "not supported by conventional wisdom" and let the bass roll over me. Good for holding a plank. :)

Or, mixes of things like Michael Jackson, K'Naan, Will Smith, Crash Test Dummies, the Cranberries, Mick Jagger, etc. We have this awesome program called MusicIP Mixer...it lets you pick a track and then "mix" a playlist of songs that are very similar. I love that it lets me get songs with similar tempo and beat. My two favorite mixes are based on K'Naan songs: "Bang Bang (She Shot Me)" and "T.I.A."

This week I did my longest plank ever (72secs) followed immediately by 80 jacks to MJ's "Thriller." Some songs just really push you past where you think your limit is. :)

Archived