Forums are back in action! ×

Mario and Metroid

D_chelyst

Hmm... tried to think of an argument, but I can't. I'm pretty old school, so I tried to think of Atari, Intellivision, and Coleco. Honestly, the oldest example of parkour I can think of is Donkey Kong... and that was Mario.

Scorpion1674
Human Ranger - Level 1
STR: 8 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 2
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Hmm... tried to think of an argument, but I can't. I'm pretty old school, so I tried to think of Atari, Intellivision, and Coleco. Honestly, the oldest example of parkour I can think of is Donkey Kong... and that was Mario.

Technically, it wasn't Mario yet. Just Jump Man. As far as I know, the name was retrofitted later.

Also, I was about to contest it with Pitfall Harry, but Donkey Kong came out one year before Pitfall! (in 1981).

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Y'know, that game looks kinda cool for being one of the original video games :) I love how they included the old atari sound effects....what a blast from the past! But I think Mario was still the first one. He was known as Jumpman in the original Donkey Kong game (see here), which came out in 1981, but the Atari Pitfall game came out a year later.

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Y'know, that game looks kinda cool for being one of the original video games :) I love how they included the old atari sound effects....what a blast from the past! But I think Mario was still the first one. He was known as Jumpman in the original Donkey Kong game (see here), which came out in 1981, but the Atari Pitfall game came out a year later.

duly noted... heh.

I was just thinking 2nd gen vs. 3rd gen... failing to remember Donkey Kong was in the arcades before they ported it to the NES...

good catch...

Archived