Forums are back in action! ×

Cross Country - DC to San Diego

WizardTrip

So, next Wednesday, I head off in a car to help a friend move to the other side of the world (aka, the west coast). Here is the planned trip that includes visiting family and friends. We will only be in each place for a single night, but are there any musts that we should do along this trip? Here's our path...

Day 1 - DC to Huntsville, AL (will go through Knoxville and Chattanooga)

Day 2 - Huntsville, AL to Jackson, MS (will go through Birmingham)

Day 3 - Jackson, MS to Houston, TX (will go through Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and Beaumont)

Day 4 - Houston, TX to El Paso, TX (driving the whole frickin' state by way of San Antonio. Come on Texans, chop that bitch in half and call it West Texas & East Texas. A full day of driving and I'm still in the same frickin' state?)

Day 5 - El Paso, TX to Tucson, AR (what's in between these places? Las Cruces? Is that it?)

Day 6 - Tucson, AZ to Coronado, CA (taking the 3:10 to Yuma :) )

Day 7 - Fly back to DC drunk on a plane

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

That's a great trip! I made a similar one moving from San Diego to DC a while back. My favorite place in the area is still the Great Canyon, but your route doesn't look like its passing near there. San Diego has a lot of places beautiful places, too, I'd highly suggest exploring it a bit if you have the time.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

Mark Twain

Awwwwwwwww. Sad face. You aren't coming by my neighborhood. For Houston, get out early. Traffic is a nightmare. Seriously. Rush hour lasts up until lunch time and I 10 is just the worst stretch of road ever (and the dang city is only 120miles across). There is plenty to do in the city but Wicked Pixie would know more about that than I

When passing through San Antonio I highly recommend stopping at Las Palapas,11860 Blanco Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 and getting tacos, their carne guisada and cheese is to die for. Oh and you gotta at least see the Alamo.

In El Paso, don't get shot. Don't go across the border. And generally try to stay to the north side. :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Archived