Forums are back in action! ×

Feeling tired

shortstuff

So I can’t remember when it all started, but I am going to say it started something after January, after we got back from our normal 2 week family holiday at the beach and after the (not so many joys) of grain harvest. I have started feeling tired. Like all the time.

I think it has something to do with why I started to drink a thing of pepsi max each morning provided I wasn’t going anywhere. I also believe that the soft drink has some connection as to why I am tried, so now I am trying to kick the soft drink habit, but the tired feeling is making it hard. In the past when I have tried to kick the soft drink habit I had the same problem – been really tried, and given up.

For the boss battle from the last challenge, I tried giving up soft drink, after I committed to it, I had one drink, in what I think to be a moment of weakness. After that week, I have started trying to make an effect to cut back on soft drink, which I have been doing, but I’m not at the stage where I can cut it all out, and I would rather take it day by day, so I’m hopefully less likely to give up. I am also trying to keep busy so I am less likely to think about having one.

Sleeping pattern wise, I go to bed sometime between 10pm and 11pm, and wake up sometime between 7:30am and 8:30am, so while I don’t go to bed and wake up at the very same time every morning/night, it’s not all over the place, and I should be getting enough sleep. I don’t normally wake up during the night, and when I do, it’s to use the loo or for a drink, and I can get back to sleep pretty easily. I normally read before bed, and don’t have much trouble getting to sleep. On the odd occasion that I am, normally getting back up and doing something calm like watch a movie or a tv show I have on dvd or read, normally does the track, but like I said, this doesn’t happen often. Also in the morning becuase I feel tried, I find it hard to get out of bed, but most mornings I am out of bed by 9am

Other than mainly water, a thing of pepsi max, maybe a glass of oj, I don’t drink anything else normally.

I also do all my exercise before tea which is normally about 6, 6:30, regardless of the time of year (other than when we go on holidays in January for two weeks, when I would go for an easy walk with my cousin if she is there, or by myself, and we go not long after tea)

I am also 19 years old

So what can I do to get more energy and feel less tried without having to drink something?

Feel free to ask questions if needed and I will do my best to answer

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Back in summer I did all my exercise in the morning. I felt energetic and great for the rest of the day.

It seems to get the blood moving. And now that it's winter I have to do all my things later in the day when it's warmer.

I'm quite similar to you in terms of the drinks and bed/ rise times. You are a bit older than me but that shouldn't make a difference.

If you can make yourself do even just a light walk in the morning that should help. I used a jump/skipping rope and it worked wonders for my energy level for the rest of the day.

You wouldn't think that something that uses energy would give you more, but I swear it works.

Back in summer I did all my exercise in the morning. I felt energetic and great for the rest of the day.

It seems to get the blood moving. And now that it's winter I have to do all my things later in the day when it's warmer.

I'm quite similar to you in terms of the drinks and bed/ rise times. You are a bit older than me but that shouldn't make a difference.

If you can make yourself do even just a light walk in the morning that should help. I used a jump/skipping rope and it worked wonders for my energy level for the rest of the day.

You wouldn't think that something that uses energy would give you more, but I swear it works.

It actully makes sense. During the summer, besides the walks after tea durning the holiday, if I went for a run, it would always be in the morning, and I seemed to have had a lot more energy than what I do now

I hear you. I have awful problems with chronic fatigue, and did even when I was your age. About the only things that help are cleaning up my diet and, like Ghost says, exercising first thing in the morning. If I absolutely can't do that, exercising in the afternoon or evening does help, just not as much.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

like Ghost says, exercising first thing in the morning. If I absolutely can't do that, exercising in the afternoon or evening does help, just not as much.

During summer I have very little trouble exercising first thing, I even set a alarm so I can do it and miss the heat, but now it's winter I find it's hard to get out of bed. I think due to the fact my beds warm, but I have set my alarm and I am going to go for a run. Hopefully.

Come to think of it, I sort of miss exercising in the morning

If you can't go for a run in the morning because it's too much effort, I would say just buy a skipping rope.

I'll be using mine hopefully soon, I keep procrastinating it.

I know just how you feel about the winter though Shortstuff. When you go from a hot Aussie summer to the cold winter, suddenly the warm bed seems much easier.

Edit: Tell you what, if you do some exercise in the morning, so will I!

If you're having trouble getting up in the mornings in time for a full workout, you could try getting up for something short, say fifteen minutes. Or even five. Possibly that will get you motivated and energetic enough to get up for longer workouts in the mornings if you want them, or at least will give you more energy for the day. Failing that, you could try getting more B or D vitamins in your diet/taking a supplement in the morning -- if you're low on those, getting more might raise your energy levels too.

So last night I set my alarm for 7:30 to go for a run this morning. Getting up wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - I had already woken up, not fully though, and was up, getting dress and feeling great by 7:45. The actully run went great, got a bit hard at the end but I think that has something to do with the fact that I haven't done much running this week. I felt great during the run. Now a couple hours afterwards I am starting to feel tried again.

I guess trying to get more vitamin B and D is now the way to go. How do I go about getting more in my diet? It's not that I don't want to take a supplement, but I would prefer getting as much as I can though diet before going down the supplement path?

If you can't go for a run in the morning because it's too much effort, I would say just buy a skipping rope.

I'll be using mine hopefully soon, I keep procrastinating it.

I know just how you feel about the winter though Shortstuff. When you go from a hot Aussie summer to the cold winter, suddenly the warm bed seems much easier.

Edit: Tell you what, if you do some exercise in the morning, so will I!

I think I will take you up on the exercising in the morning, it should be good for both of us.

As for the summer vs winter, I loved working out in the morning, even more so when I would just jump in the pool afterwards (we have our own pool), now it doesn't seem as much fun, although I did enjoy this morning's run,

Archived