Forums are back in action! ×

Webcomics: Share them, discuss them

kingclumsy

A couple not mentioned that have finished arcs but are still quite awesome:

From the makers of Three Panel Soul: Mac Hall.

And Comedity.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Oh webcomics. I read...

Girls with slingshots I like this, the story is consistently pretty good, not a favourite though.

Cyanide and Happiness Love this one, so random and awesome.

SMBC I enjoy this, not my favourite but not terrible.

Bear Nuts At first glance you'd think it was a cute kid's comic... but it really isn't.

XKCD Love this one.

Between Failures I really like this one, it is a very slow meandering pace, but I do enjoy the stuff he does, and the art style appeals to me.

Ctrl+Alt+Del This one is alright, used to love it, now just like it.

Least I could do Used to be a favourite, but eh. Whatever.

Looking for group Also used to be a favourite, but it is getting very eh now. Turning into "lets start a story, ok I'm bored here's a few mediocre gag strips oh time to finish the story"

Wayward Sons Legends This one is cool if you can get past the awkwardness of their speaking. The artwork is incredible, though every girl has the same super busty super lean body.

Questionable Content

Dr. McNinja hands down my favourite. I have the fridge inventory whiteboard from him signed by him. Totally awesome.

Dead Winter One of the best zombie type anything I've seen/read/whatever. Great story, not always safe for work.

Darths and Droids They treat the star wars movies as an RPG that somebody set up in an alternate universe without star wars. It is really really funny.

Order of the Stick His horribly lacking update schedule makes me rage, but the story is always good.

Erfworld Their update schedule used to suck, but lately they've been pretty consistent. I much prefer the comics to the written work.

This too, shall pass.

Wow. Uh.

I'll try to keep my list to ones I actually like and haven't been posted yet.

Awkward Zombie

Busty Girl Comics, technically more of a tumblr than a webcomic, but still, it's funny comics about boobs (mostly SFW, too). What more could you want?

Darths and Droids

Dumbing of Age

Dr. McNinja

Dresden Codak (yes, I know he never updates, SHUT UP)

El Goonish Shive

Friendship is Dragons

Girls With Slingshots

Guilded Age

Head Trip

Irregular Webcomic

Johnny Wander

MS Paint Adventures (ongoing: Homestuck. Completed: Problem Sleuth, Bard Quest, Prison Break)

Nodwick and the other comics

Sinfest

Spinnerette

Sequential Art

Subnormality

Three Panel Soul

Honestly, there's more, but enjoy that small list for now.

I was getting worried no one was going to mention MSPA/Homestuck and I was going to panic and go into crazy fan mode! It's sad it's not updating at the moment but ah well, gives me time to read ot..I don't really read any other webcomics. Although Paranatural is a pretty awesome one too, makes me think of FLCL.

Lv. 1 Canine Warrior

STR: 3 - DEX:2 - STA: 2 - CON: 2 - WIS: 3 - CHA: 3

"Every dog has his day. Guess I better make every day that day!"

Lackadaisy! Once you get past everybody being a cat, it is incredible. The art blows my mind. I've read the whole thing aloud more than once because it's such beautiful writing. And fun to act out. (Don't laugh.)

I'm also hooked on Gunnerkrigg and I need to go and check out how The Meek is doing, because it's a slow updater but very promising.

I'm planning to make a comic as soon as I've finished my human anatomy home study course! I just need a good storyline. Collaboration or ideas anyone?

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Lackadaisy! Once you get past everybody being a cat, it is incredible. The art blows my mind. I've read the whole thing aloud more than once because it's such beautiful writing. And fun to act out. (Don't laugh.)

I'm also hooked on Gunnerkrigg and I need to go and check out how The Meek is doing, because it's a slow updater but very promising.

I'm planning to make a comic as soon as I've finished my human anatomy home study course! I just need a good storyline. Collaboration or ideas anyone?

The Meek is on indefinite hiatus. I loved that one, too. :(

The ones I read are pretty much covered by what everyone else posted. Not going to post them all, but my tops are as follows:

QC

xkcd

Cyanide and Happiness

Sinfest

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal

Oatmeal

Hyperbole and a Half

Now comes story time! Out of all those, I've read QC since day 1. Reason being I was dating Jeph at the time he launched it. In fact, that's my crappy PHP code the site still runs on even to this day, 9 years later. My little internet claim to fame. :)

Re: The Meek. Oh no! That's depressing. It got fairly far along, as well. D:

I only hope my art can get half as good as the Meek's.. But doing a webcomic is a great way to improve, purely because its so challenging. One of my favourite things about them is how you can watch the artist style develop. QC is a good example!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Cyanide & Happiness, xkcd & The Oatmeal. Maybe I should check out the others that are mentioned here.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

I am shocked and offended that no one has mentioned Toothpaste For Dinner!! His wife also writes a makeup blog called Stuff I Put On My Face. I seethe with jealousy for not thinking of that name first for MY (now defunct) makeup blog every time I read it.

I also love Hark! A Vagrant and Hyperbole and a Half. Her blog about her dog had me in tears and unable to breathe from laughing so hard. Also love "This is why I'll never be an adult."

I am shocked and offended that no one has mentioned Toothpaste For Dinner!! His wife also writes a makeup blog called Stuff I Put On My Face. I seethe with jealousy for not thinking of that name first for MY (now defunct) makeup blog every time I read it.

I also love Hark! A Vagrant and Hyperbole and a Half. Her blog about her dog had me in tears and unable to breathe from laughing so hard. Also love "This is why I'll never be an adult."

Freaking love Toothpaste For Dinner. Also, whatever that short video series Drew does is called where his pug has wheels for legs and drives around.

My favorite is probably Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal. Just genius after day of genius.

Also, I think it has been defunct for a while but Men In Hats is another really good one.

"Before I do anything I ask myself 'Would an idiot do that?' And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Kurt Schrute

Level 2 Cossack Assassin

STR: 2.5 DEX: 2.5 STA:CON:WIS:CHA: 5

Big fan of Questionable Content, CTRL+ALT+DEL, Scary Go Round, Looking for group, and Gone with the Blastwave (Though GwtB updates so infrequently you literally wait a full 6 months sometimes between comics)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's http://www.snafu-comics.com/ I personaly love reading grim tales and the powerpuff girls doujinshi though they are rather dark and twisted. I like the new take on the old cartoons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Human Adventurer
STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2| CON: 3 | WIS: 4 | CH: 3
A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one’s own path, not chasing after the dreams of others.

I regularly read QC, Girls With Slingshots, Romantically Apocalyptic (where my avatar comes from), and XKCD.

I also read Retail online, though this is technically not a web comic, as it's published in papers too.

I periodically read Surviving the World, The Oatmeal, and A Softer World.

I have read completely Rice Boy, which I absolutely loved, and started but have not yet finished Order of Tales but will go back and re-read/finish sometime soon. When Vattu is complete, I will read that as well. I highly recommend these to anyone who likes comics with ongoing stories (ie. online versions of graphic novels), these are some incredible stories.

I have also read and loved Lackadaisy and Gunnerkrigg Court, but have a hard time following the stories when they update so seldom and each update is such a small part of the story (this is why I'm waiting for Vattu to finish before reading it too). On a related note, I wish City Face had his own comic, I love him!

Dare mighty things

For me, it's all about the following:

Sluggy Freelance

Something Positive

XKCD

Questionable Content

CTRL+ALT+DEL

The Trenches

Looking For Group

Cyanide and Happiness

Those comics are checked on a daily basis, and almost always have great content. Nice to see so many QC and XKCD fans in here!

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Updating my original reply, I still follow those 4, along with Zen Pencils, Wizard School (NSFW), (recently refound and reread) Romantically Apocalyptic, Toonhole (NSFW), Two Guys and Guy, (newly refound and reread) Dresden Codak, Kawaii Not and (newly refound and discontinued) Post-Nuke.

I had more, but recently gave up on them either because of lack of interest or finished ones that ended or too long of stretches between updates.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Oh webcomics. I read...

Girls with slingshots I like this, the story is consistently pretty good, not a favourite though.

Cyanide and Happiness Love this one, so random and awesome.

SMBC I enjoy this, not my favourite but not terrible.

Bear Nuts At first glance you'd think it was a cute kid's comic... but it really isn't.

XKCD Love this one.

Between Failures I really like this one, it is a very slow meandering pace, but I do enjoy the stuff he does, and the art style appeals to me.

Ctrl+Alt+Del This one is alright, used to love it, now just like it.

Least I could do Used to be a favourite, but eh. Whatever.

Looking for group Also used to be a favourite, but it is getting very eh now. Turning into "lets start a story, ok I'm bored here's a few mediocre gag strips oh time to finish the story"

Wayward Sons Legends This one is cool if you can get past the awkwardness of their speaking. The artwork is incredible, though every girl has the same super busty super lean body.

Questionable Content

Dr. McNinja hands down my favourite. I have the fridge inventory whiteboard from him signed by him. Totally awesome.

Dead Winter One of the best zombie type anything I've seen/read/whatever. Great story, not always safe for work.

Darths and Droids They treat the star wars movies as an RPG that somebody set up in an alternate universe without star wars. It is really really funny.

Order of the Stick His horribly lacking update schedule makes me rage, but the story is always good.

Erfworld Their update schedule used to suck, but lately they've been pretty consistent. I much prefer the comics to the written work.

Glad to see Dead Winter getting some love. I used to hang out with the creator in a chat. I am not surprised it's still running. One his biggest pet peeves was webcomic artists not being able to stick to anything resembling an ordinary schedule.

All of mine have been posted, I'm going to go back through this thread for stuff to get caught up on, and stuff to get my roommate into webcomics. She's more than nerdy enough and barely knows they exist.

Archived