Forums are back in action! ×

Favorite Ridiculous Lifting Shirts

I spent a few weeks looking for just the right "T-Rex hates pushups" shirt and finally settled on the one from Spreadshirt. I was terribly disappointed. The sizing was all wrong, the color of the shirt was different than it showed online (to the point that you couldn't even see the T Rex or the writing, really), and that shirt and the other ones I bought there all feel like the absolute lowest quality shirt. It made me so, so sad. I ended up giving my T Rex shirt to my sister, who is 5 inches taller and about 45 lbs heavier than I am. I hope you picked a shirt type that works out better for you - I think everything that could have gone wrong with mine definitely did.

This thread is full of all sorts of win!!!! I'm always looking for funny shirts.

I have to give a shameless plug to Donny Shankle and my coach Ben Claridad though, cause this shirt is freaking amazing:

donny_shirt_2_large.jpg?100142

(click the pic for Donny's store)

Ben did the artwork. The quote on the back is: "Pull the bar like your ripping the head off a god-damned lion." - Donny Shankle

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I spent a few weeks looking for just the right "T-Rex hates pushups" shirt and finally settled on the one from Spreadshirt. I was terribly disappointed. I hope you picked a shirt type that works out better for you - I think everything that could have gone wrong with mine definitely did.

Nope. I'm really happy with the shirt. I got the 'breathable' fabric as that seemed to be the sporty variant and to make sure the rex and text stands out (and myself) i have gone for bright orange.

The only thing that could be a little bit better is if the rex had straight legs (like one usually does pushups) :)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

I do all my working out at home now that I'm in the middle of nowhere, but when I used to go to the gym I'd always wear a superhero shirt. I even got a bit too into it, wearing my Superman or Iron Man shirt on days I lifted for chest, triceps and shoulders, Batman or Spider-Man when I lifted for back and legs, and the Flash on cardio days. As an added bonus if it was on a Saturday I'd head over to the comic book store next door to play Marvel Heroic Roleplaying afterwards.

And on that note, I'd love to see a site like ThinkGeek start selling superhero-themed lifting shirts.

Leprechaun Warrior
STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

For epic music that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE click here. Make sure you have a spare pair of underwear beforehand.

In the gym, guy benching next to me wearing a shirt that simply says "F**k Gravity".

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

In my quest for epic Bro-ness I've been trying to amass a collection of absurd lifting shirts. For now, this mostly means affliction and a few ironic nods from Woot. One of the best I've seen was worn by a Bro in the midst of a ramen eating contest at a local restaurant. The sleeves were torn off (naturally) and it said: This Isn't a Gun Show, It's a Cannon Show. I found myself oddly jealous. Of the shirt, not the ramen.

So.... where do you go for your "Call a Plumber, 'Cause these Pipes are About to Burst!" attire? Any recommendations on where to shop?

before my NF shirt, my favorite shirt to wear was from my college days . It has a dude playing video games on a couch and it says " not now I'm busy". which so personifies how I was before LOL... it's a reminder to me and a bit of irony these days, so I keep it around.

Edit: here I took a pic

a2edaza2.jpg

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Archived