Forums are back in action! ×

Health and Fitness Apps for iPhone and Android

I'm currently trying out Jefit (free version, paid has no ads) and Fitsync (free 15 day demo, 4.99 month for pro) for Android. Both of the phone apps seem okay, but the web sites definitely need some work. The Jefit app doesn't let you create routines with the number of reps per exercise, though you can enter those when you are actually doing the workout. While Fitsync makes it difficult to add exercises to routines. Still looking for the best one. I wish DailyBurn had something for Android. Anyone know of any other workout tracking sites or apps. The Lifehacker post mainly concentrated on calorie tracking and running.

while we're on this topic - does anyone know a good iphone app that just simply offers a tracking system?

i don't want all of that other silly exercise tutorial crap, i just basically want a spreadsheet. :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

i don't want all of that other silly exercise tutorial crap, i just basically want a spreadsheet. :)

If all you want is a spreadsheet, use the Google Mobile app and fire up google docs. Their mobile interface for spreadsheets, while a bit slow on my phone, is functional and works. The nice thing about going that route is you could enter the basics from your phone, and then login to the same spreadsheet from your PC to flesh it out later.

Jason

Follow my adventures!

Me | My Youtube | Facebook | RunKeeper

If all you want is a spreadsheet, use the Google Mobile app and fire up google docs. Their mobile interface for spreadsheets, while a bit slow on my phone, is functional and works. The nice thing about going that route is you could enter the basics from your phone, and then login to the same spreadsheet from your PC to flesh it out later.

do i need to have reception for that? there is zero phone reception in my gym.

i'm currently writing myself out an email with what i do, and then sending ot to myself as soon as i get my connection back :)

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Hey Spezzy, have you tried Daytum? I think it'll let you graph anything.

ooo, downloading now!

Unknown, but good point. I've never tried using it offline. All my own workout stuff is written in a little notebook, you know, the old school way lol :)

ill have to give it a shot. either way, downloaded. very cool.

yeah, i used to write everything down with pen and paper, but i like being able to just copy and paste from the email when i get to work to post the workout here :)

There's lots of office apps on iphone, that should allow off-line spreadsheet creation. But I doubt they're free.

Level 5 Human Ranger

Stats as of July 25:   STR: 9.5   DEX: 5.75   STA: 7.5   CON: 15.25   WIS: 6   CHA: 8.5

Achievements:

Tough Mudder CO 2012 (4hrs)

Got below 200lbs

NF Challenge #4 Winner

Current Challenge

Past 1 2 3

MyFitnessPal

Fitocracy

RunKeeper

all the ones ive found havent been free :) i'd be willing to pay for one if someone else vouched for it, but there are so many options i havent had a chance to go through all the reviews and screenshots.

i think loseit might do what you want, but i'm not sure if it works offline. but it's free.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

hm, just downloaded it, looks like its more focused on calorie counting. the only thing it lets me do when i add a new exercise is count total minutes and how many calories it burns, which really doesnt matter to me :)

thanks though! worth a shot for free :)