Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd Fitness Fantasy Football!

67alecto

The autodraft starts at 2 in the morning for me so unless I get hit by a bout of insomnia I will be relying on autodraft which I'm not too bothered about, it's too easy to overanalyse FF, some great players will get hurt, some players will come from nowhere to lead the league. I've won leagues before after being stuck with a rubbish team at the beginning simply because it gave me a better waiver wire position and I was able to grab lesser known players who performed well

Looking forward to the draft tonight. I'm rushing down the shore to make sure I make it. My cousin better still have her internet active for the season.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Man, so tempting...I've been out of Fantasy for 5 years (although I still rock Strat-o-matic in baseball)..not sure I want to pick up a 3rd league in my first 'season' back...LOL However...if I can get bragging rights on emcee...it is tempting.

Do it! We need more. PM me your email address.

OK NF-ers, I need your help. I have a major dilemma that can only be solved by nerds.

Who do I play this week...

Tony Romo,

OR

Robert Griffin III?!

I'm not in any NF leagues, since I sadly missed signing up for the second one :(, but you can be honest since I'm not playing any of you :) Voting ends tomorrow at midnight Arizona Standard Time (since you know, we're technically MST but currently PST since they don't follow daylight savings...but I digress).

Ready, set, VOTE!

Romo is proven, RG3 had has one good game. Go Romo until RG3 shows he's consistent.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yahoo has Romo projected at 18.34 points and RGIII at 17.9 points. Being that close I would chose RGIII because I don't trust in back to back good perfomances from Romo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

How did I miss this thread T___________________T

On that note, I wouldn't start RG3. His first week was against a New Orleans defense that has never been very good, even during the super bowl, who are also having to play without their head coach. I'm not saying RG3 isn't good,and his bonding with Pierre Garcon looks to be season-long, but Romo has many more weapons, including 3 awesome receivers and a Jason Witten that is now fully recuperated from injury. Not to mention the cowboys have a Demarco Murray who blasted the Super Bowl championship D-Line last week, which is always an asset to help move chains along if Romo falters. An RB for the offense to fall back on is something RG3 doesn't have (No, I don't believe in Morris. I think he was on the tailcoat of just an awesome week 1). You can see how this concept has affected Phillip Rivers performance since the running backs there have had struggles. However, even though St. Louis is better, they aren't that much better. Weeks that he faces terrible defense are weeks he should be started over everyone else save Aaron Rodgers.

TL;DR Start Griffin this week, but Romo over-all should get more points this year.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

I'm leaning towards RGIII. Yeah the Saint's D isn't great, but neither is the Rams, although their secondary is much improved over last year. For me it boils down to a couple of things:

1) RGIII has the mobility. Romo isn't exactly static but RGIII is clearly the more mobile and rushing yards/TDs get you more fantasy points than passing yards/TDs

2) The Seahawks are under-rated defensively and have a tough stadium to play in

I know I'm not in ya'lls league, but I felt like W00Ting (Since nobody's gonna know FF in the w00t thread).

Started Eli Manning, Danny Amendola (I didnt have faith in wes welker this week), Ray Rice and Pierre Thomas. Those players alone have outscored my opponent (He still has Matt Ryan to play though).

On another note, both the TE's I picked up while Jason Witten has been recovering have scored outstandingly, Batlimore's Dennis Pitta with 32 points in 2 weeks total and the Oakland tight end Myers hitting 10+ points back to back (I'm in a PPR league).

Things have picked up from last week, when I had Eli Manning, Wes Welker, and Deangelo Williams all bomb on me.

W00T!

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Everyone who started RG3 made the right call - 33.90 points for me in my money league. Romo managed to crack double digits with 11.94

Started Eli Manning, Danny Amendola (I didnt have faith in wes welker this week), Ray Rice and Pierre Thomas. Those players alone have outscored my opponent (He still has Matt Ryan to play though).

This morning, I benched Pierre Thomas in favor of Peyton Hillis (I figured the Chefs would need him catching out of the backfield).

In money league, for my flex I went with Reggie Wayne (which ended up not being horrible - 13.1 points. But that was at the expense of leaving Ben Tate on the bench - 21.70 points. That will probably come back to bite me, too, since I am up by 6.06 points and the other guy has Michael Turner left to play.

I had to scramble 15 minutes before the afternoon games started because Gates was declared inactive. I ended up picking up/starting Heath Miller in both my leagues and managed to eek out 7.9 points.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

In my work money league I'm beating my boss by 20 despite screwing up my lineup and losing Aaron Hernandez. He has Roddy White left to play.

And in the NF league, people need to stop getting the highest score of the week when they play me. Seriously. Those darn "big play" bonus points. Here's hoping for a big game for Michael Turner and Matt Prater.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I had to scramble 15 minutes before the afternoon games started because Gates was declared inactive. I ended up picking up/starting Heath Miller in both my leagues and managed to eek out 7.9 points.

Happened to me too, but I was at the game and couldn't get through the giant cluster**** of using data. During games it is impossible to get data or even good cell service within a mile of Licoln Financial Field.

500 / 330 / 625

Archived