Forums are back in action! ×

Advice from Men needed, please!

WarriorAmy

Hi Guys

My husband is away with the Navy at the moment, and all that exercise combined with being on the water and getting very little sleep is making his skin very dry and sore. I need to send him down a good moisturizer, but it's important that it doesn't look too 'beauty product' so he'll actually feel okay about bringing it out in front of 75 other guys. Having something that will actually do the job is also important. I know that for women you can get sunscreen and moisturizers in one, I'm not sure if there is a similar product for me?

Any advice or tips very appreciated! :)

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

Alternative idea, buy him something good, put it in a new bottle/jaw (you can buy empty ones) and make your own label. call it "MANLY MAN SKIN TOUGHENER - WILL MAKE YOU WIN IN A FIGHT AGAINST A BEAR!!!!!" Then include a picture on the bottle of a man punching a bear.

That oughta do it.

They/them please

Alternative idea, buy him something good, put it in a new bottle/jaw (you can buy empty ones) and make your own label. call it "MANLY MAN SKIN TOUGHENER - WILL MAKE YOU WIN IN A FIGHT AGAINST A BEAR!!!!!" Then include a picture on the bottle of a man punching a bear.

That oughta do it.

Man, I would shove little kids outta the way to buy that.

I don't know about dual-action sunscreen-moisturizers, sorry. During the winter I use a Gold Bond lotion. It's heavy duty (not some runny crap), it doesn't smell like strawberry shortcake, it doesn't grease up my hands until I'm defeated by doorknobs, and it's from Gold Bond. I think every dude has fond memories of sprinkling Gold Bond on their huevos, so maybe that association will overcome any qualms about using lotion for actual lotion-y purposes.

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

What about Udder Cream? It is a moisturizer and sunscreen that was originally used by farmers (manly ones at that) to protect and moisturize cows' udders after milking. If it is good enough for bovine nipples, it is good enough for manly men.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Guest ApptivGames
What about Udder Cream? It is a moisturizer and sunscreen that was originally used by farmers (manly ones at that) to protect and moisturize cows' udders after milking. If it is good enough for bovine nipples, it is good enough for manly men.

Yea, I can second that. It's good stuff and works like a charm. Keeps the digits nipple soft.

Keeps the digits nipple soft.

That needs to be their new slogan! Also, from what I remember, it doesn't smell unmanly. More of a lack of scent actually, though that may just be me not remembering it having a scent, which in a way must be a good thing since I'm pretty sure I'd remember a stink.

Another option I've seen people use is Gojo or Orange Peel or Lava Soap or any other pumice/gritty liquid soap. It does help keep your hands soft while cleaning grease or whatever else gets on your hands. I've even heard of people using it in the shower. I also love the smell of Orange Peel and Gojo brand soaps.

Level 1 Woodwose

I've used the Jack Black Moisturizer when I was deployed.

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

I like the Dove Men products. Although if he needs more specialized stuff you can always smuggle it!

I have to agree here. I am in Afghanistan right now, go out pretty much everyday, plus the gym. So I get lots of sweaty and dusty, and I stink at the end of most days and my skin is ultra dry. Dove men + care deep clean (the red one) and BAM!! Manly clean and manly soft!

With your shield, or upon it.
If you risk nothing, you gain nothing.
Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.

My Epic Quest

Gosh, some awesome ideas here, thanks! Despite being married to a man for five years, I still have no idea about products for men.

That oughta do it.

This is actually really awesome. And for extra points, I could even just use whatever I have lying around the house (but in a girly bottle). I might think more on this one!

If it is good enough for bovine nipples, it is good enough for manly men.

Hahaha! Awesome. Unfortunately, I'm in Australia, and the time it'll take to ship it over to me doesn't really make it worth it. I'm adding it to my epic 'Things to buy when I visit the US' list.

WarriorAmy

G

Hahaha! Awesome. Unfortunately, I'm in Australia, and the time it'll take to ship it over to me doesn't really make it worth it. I'm adding it to my epic 'Things to buy when I visit the US' list.

Udder cream can be bought in Aus, I have seen it in a (few) chemists here. the packaging is different though - much less loud.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

Also check for Udder Balm or Bag Balm. They're basically the same exact thing, just different companies. Also, according to Wikipedia "it was used by Allied troops in World War II (to protect weapons from rust)." So there's another use, though the Navy should have their own resources for that.

Level 1 Woodwose

I wanted to show you what I ended up doing, totally inspired by Unda.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5292[/ATTACH]

Long term I'll probably end up sending some of the Udder Cream, because that seems like it'll do a great job, but at least the cheap relabeled once should give him a great laugh.

WarriorAmy

Archived