Forums are back in action! ×

GoRuck Challenge - Anyone ever done one?

cline

So I did my first ruck-run with my new GR1. I went on a ten mile hike, so I wasn't really hustling like I would in the challenge, but it was loaded with right around 20-30 pounds I think. It went pretty well, but by the end my shoulders were killing me. Specifically the ends of my clavicle - they're still sore from the straps. anyone else have that issue the 1st time the rucked'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

I'll see you there.

cool. i'm doing the 10pm one with my friend.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

When you tighten that pack up it can really get tight pressure around your neck and shoulders for sure... From what I see so far it " loosens up" over time. I just did a 2.5 mile run this morning with it.

I never had any soreness because of it though ... Only soreness because of the pack changing my posture.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

cool. i'm doing the 10pm one with my friend.

Which one? Have begun discussions w WMAT.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Which one? Have begun discussions w WMAT.

march 30th in california :)

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Well shucks. I don't want to be left out of the Go Ruck party. Guess I'll sign up for the one down here then.

welcome to the party cowboy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

So what's the dicount on the GR1 for signing up? I currently do not have a backpack and it seems rather essential

I believe it's 20% if you buy at the time you register.. thats what I did for my GR1, came out to 230.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn. Can't get to Cali in March b/c going in April. Poo poo.

Examining Philly dates again.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

we should do a NF ruck somewhere over the summer!

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I believe KW mentioned this possibility before. I still have a few free tickets to fly where ever :)

Also, custom NF patches anyone? Hells yeah....

i'm in :)

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Pretty delighted to see more and more people getting all rucked up.

:)

Knight, this Saturday I'm doing my first ruck run with another guy who is doing my challenge in February.

I've never met the guy and we've both never done it before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe KW mentioned this possibility before. I still have a few free tickets to fly where ever :)

Hmmm... sounds intriguing. Depends on where/when. I really really hate high temps and humidity and fear hyperthermia during one of these. also, I have this job thingy so would have to plan ahead. BUT nonetheless... am intrigued. If we could ballpark a location and date-ish, I could be more specific.

I AM going the distance

Good post yesterday on wrapping bricks, with a bit of training advice as well.

http://www.gorucknews.com/challenge/wrapping-bricks-explained/

Personally, I like to wrap each brick in bubble and gorilla tape separately. If folks on your team do this, it makes it easier to redistribute the bricks if someone is hurtin' (someone likely will be, and remember, it's all about the team). But your mileage, of course, may vary. A he says in the post, the most important thing is to come up with a system that works for you and train with it.

(also, notice the hydration in the main compartment. ha, I thought I was the only weirdo that preferred it that way! :D )

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Oooh. Controller shaped, with N and F where the buttons would be, reverse flag or arrowhead on the other side.... :D

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Knight can you talk about brick placement in the pack? Im Thinking of trying to rig up something to put two bricks on the inner molle.

I've found just from my brief training with the bricks that having a pile of bricks at the bottom sagging just doesn't work well on my back posture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived