Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Hi Allen, welcome to the forum, this is the best place to be. NF is just an awesome forum.

This February I went with my brother to the Sydney Pride weekend. It was totally awesome, it was our first one and we got matching tattoos to commemorate it, 6 small ravens in the pride rainbow colours.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's attitude, when my brother came out our family has been very supportive, as a family we love him.

Good luck with your wonderful goals and I hope you enjoy the ride!

Wait! What............?

i don't worry myself about my dad anymore, he made me miserable my whole life about differant things. Seems a man can't be artistic, love music, and there are things I was meant to instantly like as a black man and his son, even listening to spanish music and trying to learn the language (Because I'm half Mexican) was kind of forbidden. I was lucky with my mom's side of my family because it seems the first born male of every generation turned out gay so when I came out the only thing my mom didn't like was that I tried hiding it from her as well. Now both of my dad's kids left him and do not speak with him. He's still hardheaded and his health went way down but last time I visited he still acts like he did, only difference is I'm an adult and can legally just walk away.

In the words of the nerdy side of me, he was just the final boss of my childhood and now if I want to challenge him again he will be easier and easier to defeat, but now does nothing for the main story line hahah.

• Like 2

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

In the words of the nerdy side of me, he was just the final boss of my childhood and now if I want to challenge him again he will be easier and easier to defeat, but now does nothing for the main story line hahah.

I love that way of looking at things.

My real father walked out when I was very small and I don't really know what happened to him. Good riddance.

My stepfather didn't really want children and my sister and I didn't really want him. I don't know what happened to him after he and my mother divorced.

We don't talk about the man my mother briefly went out with after him. She was rather pissed off with him at the end of it and his son took all my Lego.

Her current fancy man is a chef and a fun, cheerful chap. If she decides she doesn't want him, I might adopt him for the chef part alone.

• Like 2

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I'm a gay Black Mexican living in Texas

Welcome to the boards, this part I had to laugh at that... talk about sticking a cat in a room full of pit bulls. You seem to have managed it quite well though.

Yeah... you'll fit right in....

I'll have to follow your progress, I'm looking at going warrior when I get done with school and I'm naturally skinny as well. I'll have to see if I can learn something from those who went before me.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Well the cool thing about Nerd Fitness is I already had a lot of Steve's mindset before I found it. I wasn't happy and used games to cope, even with my dad and growing up if something upset me I had Mario, Link, the Sims, and all sorts of people cheering me up. My Boyfriend got me into WoW and I was the guy trying to actually LIVE there, I was the nice man selling clothes and food to people in the town (Despite professions being USELESS) and in skyrim I had a daily routine, walk everywhere, go to sleep, have a family ect (Thank you Mods for the immersion) and one day I just said if I can live in a game why can't I game in life. I had a system, but Nerd Fitness had a better one that I can keep track of, and Steve started at 25, I'm 22 so I have no excuse XD

It helps because I am already used to focusing on one problem at a time. Skyrim had almost 100 active quests and a lot of questlines, but I can only do one and it was usuallyy the one closest to me, and all of those small things built up and up, and secondly you never HAD to just rush threw it, fine something interesting on the way go see it, Syncro spots in Assassin' Creed when you see a nice view, collectibles when you see something neat at the mall, side-quests when someone asks for help, basically turns an uncontrollable world into a place you can manage. If anything it lowered how often I play games and how much  actually lived my life XD

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

Great story: My family are a bunch of redneck homophobes, and they were at my house yesterday for mothers day, and I have these curtains in my kitchen, and my sister asks if they are my Gay Pride curtains, and I said "yup"! Her response was "no, I think they have to be red for gay pride so you're okay!" At the same time, my bi-curious teenage daughter was talking to her uncle about dating, and he said something about it's good to not be boy crazy as long as she's not girl crazy...and she says "why not??" and he was just dumbfounded and said "we just don't do that in our family". LOLOLOLOLOL! Ignorance just baffles me.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

The curtains are great!  I hope that the rest of the family visit was nice and the unpleasantness was at a minimum.  Otherwise, it must have been a lousy time for you.  Family can certainly be a problem.

It was actually one of the first in a REALLY long time that I enjoyed. That was the minimum of it, but they dont know anything about my sexuality, bc in their mind, Im married to a guy so Im obviously straight...bwhahahahahaha! So they just make dumb comments, we all laugh at them, and then they leave with their ignorance (I have long since given up educating them, it just fails miserably...so let them be stupid and know nothing about my life, suits me fine.)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Great story: My family are a bunch of redneck homophobes, and they were at my house yesterday for mothers day, and I have these curtains in my kitchen, and my sister asks if they are my Gay Pride curtains, and I said "yup"! Her response was "no, I think they have to be red for gay pride so you're okay!" At the same time, my bi-curious teenage daughter was talking to her uncle about dating, and he said something about it's good to not be boy crazy as long as she's not girl crazy...and she says "why not??" and he was just dumbfounded and said "we just don't do that in our family". LOLOLOLOLOL! Ignorance just baffles me.

"In your family"?  He clearly understands heredity so explain that since you're HALF-gay, your daughter is biologically one-quarter gay.

Then ask your parents which one of was full-on gay, since you had to pick it up from SOME where.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Oh a new place to shop thanks Bekah

Ugh homophobes, I dealt with them on every level so glad I didn't have to deal with that in my own family; but then again we dealt with sexuality in silence

So did we. The first adult to discuss sex with me in any fashion was my friends mom, who said blow jobs were gross and she didn't do those even with her husband...I felt sorry for him. My mom just said "good girls dont have sex" great messages I got there....but yay, I am not a slave to my past and make my own choices :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

"In your family"?  He clearly understands heredity so explain that since you're HALF-gay, your daughter is biologically one-quarter gay.

Then ask your parents which one of was full-on gay, since you had to pick it up from SOME where.

this made me guffaw! I was insanely proud of my girl :D She is such an awesome person!!

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I found myself extremely disappointed yesterday with a co worker.

We had to transfer a guy to have an ultra sound in the city. I was attending in the back, and chatting away with this person who had hosted a party one of my sons had been to, and found out we had quite a few things in common. When filling in the forms found out he had a same sex partner, but to me it was just the norm, and I'm like whatever.

Anyway while we were waiting for the guy to come out of his appointment my driver says to me, is he a fucking poofta? I was flabbergasted, it has been such a long time since I had met a full on homophobe. My respect for this person plummeted.

My driver then made further comment and a big show of using the hand sanitiser each time we had to move the patient.

Disappointing.

Wait! What............?