Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

It was actually one of the first in a REALLY long time that I enjoyed. That was the minimum of it, but they dont know anything about my sexuality, bc in their mind, Im married to a guy so Im obviously straight...bwhahahahahaha! So they just make dumb comments, we all laugh at them, and then they leave with their ignorance (I have long since given up educating them, it just fails miserably...so let them be stupid and know nothing about my life, suits me fine.)

... My in laws have re-written me from Bisexual to straight, because I've married their daughter. My mother in law can have conversations with my wife, her other daughter, and her gay son about how attractive Channing tatum is, but the moment I chime in you could hear a pin drop. Its tiring. The only "family"  (there are other reasons I put quotes there too), I have come out to, and the instantly minimize it. 

Even more tiring is when it comes from a different source. My Girlfriend's room mate, who is (and I quote), "Full-on Gay" constantly undermines that relationship by trying to convince her that I'm going to "leave her for boys" shortly.  So... apparently to both sides of the spectrum my sexual / emotional attractions don't exist. ? 

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

Interesting link,  that got shared  with me recently on the current topic... (I apologize if its a repost  ya'll have seen before...)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/connorkemuo/honest-comics-for-the-queer-soul

• Like 1

No I am only filling in this month with this guy, thank the Gods, my smile at his ignorance would not stretch more than a day or so.

I liked the article, which reminded me of all the shyte my brother has had to deal with in his work place, especially the " My sex life in detail "

Why don't people get it?

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

... My in laws have re-written me from Bisexual to straight, because I've married their daughter. My mother in law can have conversations with my wife, her other daughter, and her gay son about how attractive Channing tatum is, but the moment I chime in you could hear a pin drop. Its tiring. The only "family"  (there are other reasons I put quotes there too), I have come out to, and the instantly minimize it. 

Even more tiring is when it comes from a different source. My Girlfriend's room mate, who is (and I quote), "Full-on Gay" constantly undermines that relationship by trying to convince her that I'm going to "leave her for boys" shortly.  So... apparently to both sides of the spectrum my sexual / emotional attractions don't exist. ? 

Can't offer anything helpful so have some kitties:

tumblr_mxi7ev4GSQ1sjqod9o1_400.jpg

Thanks for the link, those are great!

• Like 2

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

ASK ME ABOUT MY GENITALIA

u.u

mmmmm genitalia. But yes, that was absurd...people do the same thing to people of other races, religions etc. and I mean it's better than violence or hatred, but still...there is a better way. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Yeah...that's horrible :( I'm sorry any of us have to deal with that! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

One thing I have noticed, since being more open about my sexuality with my husband/kids. He is just like a kid in a candy store, but deep down has homophobic attitudes...typical straight guy "ooooh sex with more than one girl, awesome" but the thought of me being in a relationship with another woman, or two gay men in relationships and all that...bothers him still...and that bothers me. Oh well, I have such a hard time in relationships in the first place, I may never actually be in more than one anyway...so it might not matter all that much what he thinks. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I think my tone came off kind of dejected and  grumpy. I was intending for for indignant disbelief with a touch of frustration as a means of commiserating with ya'lls points.

One thing I have noticed, since being more open about my sexuality with my husband/kids. He is just like a kid in a candy store, but deep down has homophobic attitudes...typical straight guy "ooooh sex with more than one girl, awesome" but the thought of me being in a relationship with another woman, or two gay men in relationships and all that...bothers him still...and that bothers me. Oh well, I have such a hard time in relationships in the first place, I may never actually be in more than one anyway...so it might not matter all that much what he thinks. 

Being in poly relationships are hard. This is my first one: and I have an amazing Wife, and intensely respectful girlfriend. I conclude that it is hard and *not* for everybody. In some ways the spouses / long-term relationships work harder than the others do.  *Shrug*  Tend your garden and see what grows, really. At least your Hubby isn't poo-pooing your daughters curiosity about her attraction to girls, right?

How My wife and I started being "open" was  I had a frank talk with her very early on, and basically said "Look Hon, I love you.. but you don't have a penis. I want one in my life every once in a while. So what can we do about that?" 

Can't offer anything helpful so have some kitties:

Thanks for the link, those are great!

Thank you for the support! Though again I may have come off *way* more morose than intended. 

• Like 1

No I am only filling in this month with this guy, thank the Gods, my smile at his ignorance would not stretch more than a day or so.

I liked the article, which reminded me of all the shyte my brother has had to deal with in his work place, especially the " My sex life in detail "

Why don't people get it?

People don't like things that are different from them, it could be explained by evolution. Tigers are different, tigers eat you, thereby not liking the Tiger is a good thing... except we can't pick and choose which different things we do and don't like.

That's my thought on it... :pride:

This kind of relates to my above post... I'll admit I'm a little eh about the idea of two men, or two women together. At the same time though I accept it as their choice (so long as they're consenting adults) and have no right to force them to do different.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I agree Insanity, each to their own, consenting adults have a choice. Although I believe strongly that gay is inherently something you are born into.

My dismay at my co-worker was my own ignorance in thinking everyone thinks the same I do, who we sleep with does to define you.

Yeah... we tend to think everything is about us in some way, and choice or not doesn't affect how I look at it. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

familiarity really is the gateway drug to empathy. (a quote from Machete's Ted talk he posted)

That is SO true. It's true for eliminating racism and religious discrimination as well, like Insanity said, we are afraid of the "other".

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

familiarity really is the gateway drug to empathy. (a quote from Machete's Ted talk he posted)

That is SO true. It's true for eliminating racism and religious discrimination as well, like Insanity said, we are afraid of the "other".

Like when he goes to prison in American History X.

Even that won't eliminate it, to go back to the tiger, I may be familiar with the tiger, but I still don't want to be in the same room. In the end though, I don't think you'll ever be able to fully get rid of it and forcing people to accept it isn't the right way to do it either.

My first challenge

Even that won't eliminate it, to go back to the tiger, I may be familiar with the tiger, but I still don't want to be in the same room. In the end though, I don't think you'll ever be able to fully get rid of it and forcing people to accept it isn't the right way to do it either.

I dont think eliminating it is really the realistic answer also, but I don't think anyone is asking for more than for lions and tigers both to have equal rights and equal treatment, we dont all have to have joint slumber parties to agree that we should both be allowed to have them separately. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I dont think eliminating it is really the realistic answer also, but I don't think anyone is asking for more than for lions and tigers both to have equal rights and equal treatment, we dont all have to have joint slumber parties to agree that we should both be allowed to have them separately. 

I agree completely, I myself just think it's been taken too far, in some aspects, in the current environment.

My first challenge