Forums are back in action! ×

Daybreakers

I'm going to see this tonight. I love vampires, and I don't mean that Twilight nonsense. I mean, like White Wolf, Buffy, Underworld, Anne Rice vampires. Has anyone seen it yet?

Also - anybody know how to escape the movie theater without eating their weight in popcorn doused in orange, fabulously butter-flavored deliciousness?

• Like 1

Normally the prices at the movies turn me off to even considering eating there, but if I can manage to throw a cold Coke Zero (cherrry mmm) in my jacket and a Honey oat granola bar I'm set pretty well. But of course someone in the group ALWAYS grabs a massive thing of popcorn anyway and begs you to share it with them... amirite? Hope the movie's good!

Re: Popcorn, I don't buy, but I do steal from buddies...

Theater was the 1 time I've had a soda since before xmas. got a Coke Zero, cuz I'd been craving Diet Dr. Pepper all day; not satisfactory...

Re: Movie

It's good. Not amazing ala 'Interview with a Vampire', but it's not like it's 'Dracula 3000'. There's a couple parts where it's REALLY corny, but I think those will help it age, when vampire movies have to get campy or go home.

I missed the first 3-5 minutes, when they explained the whole universe back story, so fill me in!

Level 5 Human Ranger

Stats as of July 25:   STR: 9.5   DEX: 5.75   STA: 7.5   CON: 15.25   WIS: 6   CHA: 8.5

Achievements:

Tough Mudder CO 2012 (4hrs)

Got below 200lbs

NF Challenge #4 Winner

Current Challenge

Past 1 2 3

MyFitnessPal

Fitocracy

RunKeeper

It actually wasn't terrible. I do sort of feel like even with the "cure" they found that there would only be one person left. Doesn't really follow the White Wolf type vampire that I'm used to, but it was a decent movie with a decent premise. Kept me watching, so I'd say maybe a B-.

• Like 1

SPOILER ALERT:

They turn Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park into a human and send him into the lobby to be eaten. BIG SURPRISE: Ethan Hawke's movie brother has become human from biting the Green Goblin, and so he comes to help Ethan. He gets eaten in the lobby too. So basically the way to become not a vampire is by biting someone who used to be a vampire. The end.

No, she's serious.

The cure to vampirism is to bite an ex-vampire. So the vamps hit the now-humans, and revert. But everyone's so blood starved, they jump on the humans, killing them in the process. The thought is that the "cure" will spread quickly.

Yeah, it bugged me that they didn't follow any real vampire lore. Not old-school Dracula, not Rice, not WoD... They just kinda grabbed 'vampire' things, threw it together, and didn't care if it all made sense or not.

Level 5 Human Ranger

Stats as of July 25:   STR: 9.5   DEX: 5.75   STA: 7.5   CON: 15.25   WIS: 6   CHA: 8.5

Achievements:

Tough Mudder CO 2012 (4hrs)

Got below 200lbs

NF Challenge #4 Winner

Current Challenge

Past 1 2 3

MyFitnessPal

Fitocracy

RunKeeper

Curvy, I am completely serious, and when my husband and I left the theater, we both busted up laughing when we recapped it. Essentially there would only be one person left after everyone got done because the reason they were hunting for a cure is because there weren't enough humans to provide blood. So hungry vampires + fresh humans = retarded.

Also, my first name is Audrey, and my brother (I'm 12 years his elder) couldn't pronounce Aw-dree, so he started saying Aw-jay, and it stuck. But everyone pronounces it Audge when they say it =)