Forums are back in action! ×

A newbie here.

Hey!

I'm a medical student from Germany...and after 3 semesters of sedentary studying and gaining about 20 pounds on top of 30 extra pounds that already were there, I started in January with calorie counting, and went low-carb (Atkins) in March. I am trying to do a transition to paleo, but I am finding it difficult to give up cheese and greek yogurt. :( I've lost about 30 pounds now, and am finally, for the first time in my life a healthy weight (BMI 24.5!) - but am looking to lose about 20 more.

Right now I am really sedentary, because I am in the middle of first national medical exam, but as soon as they are over in two weeks, I will again step up my physical activity and be again on my way to becoming strong and fit!

Excited to be here!

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

Hi Tinessael! Good luck with your exams! Are you able to take any breaks from studying? Even taking a few minutes to walk a few blocks can help you not only physically but mentally, as well. I always found taking quick stretch breaks during study marathons could be beneficial.

Hi there and good luck with the exams. If you can find 10-20mins every other day for a workout you might want to take a look at www.bodyrock.tv .. they got quite nice workouts and also tips on how to start slow. Basicly they have body weight exercises done in intervalls. You might like them even if you feel half dead afterwards ;)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

I wanted just to say that I am back now and hope to stick to nerdfitness and get some new motivation for my everlasting fitness-and-weight-loss journey! Hope to have some buddies on this journey. :)

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

Archived