Forums are back in action! ×

The Hunger Games

On the recommendation of Josh over at www.worldsstrongestlibrarian.com, I read The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins.

It's like a mix of 1984, Gladiator, and the Giver...the main character is a 16 year old girl who gets thrown into these games where kids have to fight to the death...she's deadly with a bow and arrow....it's awesome.

I'm halfway through the 2nd book now (it's a trilogy), and I literally cannot put it down.

If you're looking for something new and exciting to read, give it a shot.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Have you read or seen Battle Royale?

The movie is japanese, and the book is much more in-depth.

To fix overpopulation and teen loitering, etc, 1 class of 16yr olds is picked from around the country, and taken to a secluded place, where they fight to the death. everyone is given a bag with a map, water, and something else. uzi, hatchet, riot shield, grande, no telling. If at the end of 48 hours more than 1 person is alive, everyone dies. every six hours, more of the area is declared off limits, and you have 10 minutes to vacate, or you die.

Really cool story.

Level 5 Human Ranger

Stats as of July 25:   STR: 9.5   DEX: 5.75   STA: 7.5   CON: 15.25   WIS: 6   CHA: 8.5

Achievements:

Tough Mudder CO 2012 (4hrs)

Got below 200lbs

NF Challenge #4 Winner

Current Challenge

Past 1 2 3

MyFitnessPal

Fitocracy

RunKeeper

Have you read or seen Battle Royale?

The movie is japanese, and the book is much more in-depth.

To fix overpopulation and teen loitering, etc, 1 class of 16yr olds is picked from around the country, and taken to a secluded place, where they fight to the death. everyone is given a bag with a map, water, and something else. uzi, hatchet, riot shield, grande, no telling. If at the end of 48 hours more than 1 person is alive, everyone dies. every six hours, more of the area is declared off limits, and you have 10 minutes to vacate, or you die.

Really cool story.

Officially added to my Amazon wish list. That sounds awesome!