Forums are back in action! ×

A woah w00t

Harness

On Aug 29th I stated that a 6 week goal of mine was to bench 145lbs, my max was 95. Well yesterday I did it! Only 2 reps, but I will take it.

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Thanks!

Off topic: I don't know how an Elf breed with a Minotaur... just sayng.

Don't ask...it is the stuff of nightmares.

Also, you have a Malcolm Reynolds quote AND a Shunryu Suzuki quote in your signature?? Too. much. awesome.

Thanks! Hell I am impressed that another person knows who both of them are. BTW, your quote by River Tam is by far one of the best ones on the show!

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Thanks! Hell I am impressed that another person knows who both of them are. BTW, your quote by River Tam is by far one of the best ones on the show!

Well, they're both in my personal Hall of Heroes....right up there with Eddie Izzard, Ford Prefect, Edward Espe Brown (student of Shunryu Suzuki), Iris Simpkins, and a small handful of others, real and fictional (or as I like to call them, "also real"). :) Did you see the ComicCon Firefly panel this year? I watched it on YouTube...holy awesome.

(Edit: my favorite Shunryu quote, from one of his lectures which you can find on YouTube: "If you think, when you are reading something, if you think, 'Bird is there, blue jay is over my roof. Blue jay is singing, but their voice is not so good. When you think in that way – 'That is noise!' When you are not disturbed by the blue jay, the blue jay will come right into your heart, and you will be a blue jay, and blue jay will be reading something. Bird is here, in my mind already, and I am singing with the bird. Peepeepeep!" We have a lot of blue jays around our house, so I always think of these words. :))

Well, they're both in my personal Hall of Heroes....right up there with Eddie Izzard, Ford Prefect, Edward Espe Brown (student of Shunryu Suzuki), Iris Simpkins, and a small handful of others, real and fictional (or as I like to call them, "also real"). :) Did you see the ComicCon Firefly panel this year? I watched it on YouTube...holy awesome.

(Edit: my favorite Shunryu quote, from one of his lectures which you can find on YouTube: "If you think, when you are reading something, if you think, 'Bird is there, blue jay is over my roof. Blue jay is singing, but their voice is not so good. When you think in that way – 'That is noise!' When you are not disturbed by the blue jay, the blue jay will come right into your heart, and you will be a blue jay, and blue jay will be reading something. Bird is here, in my mind already, and I am singing with the bird. Peepeepeep!" We have a lot of blue jays around our house, so I always think of these words. :))

We have a VERY similar list in our Hall of Heroes! Funny story, I went to sit with a group in Oklahoma City that was being led by Frank Anderton (another student of Suzuki), and the entire time he was wearing a Rib Crib t-shirt. It was everything I could do to not bust up laughing. Oh and YES I did watch the comic-con panel of Firefly, it was awesome! I know that they won't bring the show back, but it is a wish.

(My favorite Suzuki quote is: "I

have often talked to you about a frog, and each time everybody laughs. But a frog is very interesting. He sits like us,

too, you know. But he does not think that he is doing anything so special. W h e n you go to a zendo and sit, you may

think you are doing some special thing. While your husband

or wife is sleeping, you are practicing zazen! You are doing

some special thing, and your spouse is lazy! That may be

your understanding of zazen. But look at the frog. A frog

also sits like us, but he has no idea of zazen. Watch him. If

something annoys him, he will make a face. If something

comes along to eat, he will snap it up and eat, and he eats

sitting. Actually that is our zazen—not any special thing.")

Archived