Forums are back in action! ×

Metal

Zima

Cradle of Filth, Helmet, Machinehead were my biggest favorites for Heavy. Kind of Grown out of Machinehead and Helmet but Cradle of Filth will always be a go to. Favorite album of theirs is Cruelty and the Beast tied with Godspeed and the Devil's Thunder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always been a big fan of Metal Core, and Parkway Drive really kills it. This song rocks, not to mention it has one of the sickest breakdown riffs I've ever heard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

The "heaviest" kind of music I like to listen to is Disturbed, System of a Down, Seether, and the like. Disturbed is great music when working out!

Amon Amarth, Mastodon and similar; do not like.

I like them too. I actually started listening to metal with The Sickness (after listening to old Pantera albums :-) I have seen Disturbed in concert a few times and they put on an amazing show!

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Well this is my kind of thread :) Greetings fellow headbangers! I too am a fan of pretty much anything with double bass drums, heavy guitars and angry men and women behind the microphone. From Iron Maiden and Edguy to Fear Factory and Nile via Machine Head, The Haunted and Rob Zombie, as long as it makes me headbang I'm a happy camper (although I am inclined to prefer the aggressive bands with wall of sound-productions the most).

Speaking of wall of sound-productions. The newest album by Devin Townsend is available for streaming now. It is totally deserving of its title because it is both Epic and Loud. Really like the updated version of Kingdom too

-

Battle Log - Fitocracy - Twitter -

Anti-villain extraordinaire

So, the other day I've decided to create a playlist of some quality *local* undiscovered metal from the NY tri-state area. A lot of these guys I've seen live or had the honor of sharing the stage with, and can attest to their musicianship and overall awesomeness. Check it out :D

I love listening to five finger death punch when working out. The name of the band says it all really doesn't it!

I get made fun of for liking FFDP but I absolutely do. I have seen them in concert 6 times! One of the best shows I ever went to was them here in CO at a small local venue just after their first album came out. Like 800 people there it was sick!

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Is that the one where he goes to Sweden to research black metal? . . . because that one is super gnarly!

Has anyone seen Metal: A Headbanger's Journey?

MV5BMTY4ODUzODM3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQxMTczMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

It's well worth a watch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

AHC is sort of like Clutch... some of the greatest music in their entire genre, but they just CAN'T get off the B-list. It's horrifying.

Guitarist died in 2005, prescription drug overdose. DVD Can't Stop The Machine came out in 2007. 2009, they disbanded, when the singer decided he just couldn't do this anymore. They tried for two years to find a replacement, but HOW DO YOU REPLACE THAT VOICE. They got back together in 2011, and their new single came out May 9, 2012. It's not great, but I am still hopeful!

Clutch time!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Archived