Forums are back in action! ×

2 questions

Lefeux

Ok, got a couple of questions. 1) Does anyone here not get hungry after workouts? The last 4 days, I haven't been hungry after my workouts. I have still eaten something, but this is not normal for me.

2) Increasing grip strength for lifting. Suggestions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I have a baseball grip (one over, one under) with my left hand being the under grip as I am left handed and its my stronger hand.

Yeah wasn't hungry 90 mins after working out but I forced myself to eat some jerky and a lara bar (300 cal and 20 grams of protein)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Rock climbing has helped my grip strength immensely.

General climbing helped to start with, my PT has also thrown me a drill where every time you change your hand position you push out from the wall and pull back in to it (kind of a push up from wherever you may hang). This drill is aimed to help me break a chin-up plateau but the side effect has been big drip gains.

Thanks! Some good suggestions.

I like the dead hangs because they help stretch my should muscles some after DL. They should also help with my pullups.

@FM while there are a lot of rocks out here in Afghanistan, there aren't any for me to climb, but is something I will look into when I get back stateside.

@NAM I will probably add dumb bell rows back into my routine. When I last was doing them, I was doing 3 sets of 10 and 25-30lbs. Might be time to look at 5x5 at 50lbs or something

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I have a baseball grip (one over, one under) with my left hand being the under grip as I am left handed and its my stronger hand.

Yeah wasn't hungry 90 mins after working out but I forced myself to eat some jerky and a lara bar (300 cal and 20 grams of protein)

Try using an over-over grip rather than an over-under grip up until the point where you have to use an over-under to lift the weight. The over-over grip will increase your grip strength much better than over-under but then you can switch back to over-under for lifting the heavier stuff so your lifting doesn't suffer

Most people have addressed your grip question, and it's all great advice, but I wanted to jump in about the hunger thing. You're not the only one. Honestly, I'm rarely hungry after a workout. The idea of eating when I'm exhausted and just want to sit down with a big glass of water is not the time I want to eat. Most of the time, I still eat something within an hour, but I could easily go 2+ hours after a workout without food. Regardless, I do still get my protein shake in when I get home whether I'm hungry or not.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

@Wizard,

I generally workout from 0330 to 0500, shower, shave, dress, get to the chow hall about 0530 and get to work at 0600. I really don't have much choice in the matter. Its either eat then or don't eat. I like eating. :)

When I get home, I might take a protein shake immediately afterwards and then make food a little later after the work out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Thanks MT! Ill see what I can do. So far the 1x20 rows @ 50 lbs are the initial plan of attack. I also changed from over-under to an over-over grip on the DL. I was able to do my warmup and 2 actual sets before feeling the need to switch. It was just after my OHPR and the rows though. Felt good about it this morning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

Archived