Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

This guy's avatar gives him credibility.  What is this baby oil you speak of? I have had no experience in oiling babies.  What might be the need for this other than making a rousing game of hot potato a bit more difficult?

You can make baby oil at home, but you need a surprisingly large number of babies and a sturdy blender.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

The last two-three months i've had a weird development.  On my chin there's a section of hair that, no matter what i do when shaving with my mach 3, there's still a rough patch of stubble that i can feel but you can't see.  anyone else ever experience this?  i've started calling it my chinstrap.

It happens sometimes.  Try a hot towel after applying your shaving foam/cream/goop.  The heat will open your pores and cause the hair to be pushed further out, which means more of it will get shaved off.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It happens sometimes.  Try a hot towel after applying your shaving foam/cream/goop.  The heat will open your pores and cause the hair to be pushed further out, which means more of it will get shaved off.

Yep, I always razor shave after a shower when my pores are open they clean off with cold water to close em back up. I trim beforehand when the hair are dry and not matted down at all.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Irish Oisin, on 02 Apr 2013 - 11:18, said:

I have a beard even though it's not a thick lush masterpiece of manliness, I keep it trimmed because it isn't thick enough, but it's better than no beard. I've always wanted one and even having a short one is enough for me, it might thicken up as I get older. And I HATE shaving, absolutely hate the maintenance of shaving!

The same.

My wife likes it, which is a bonus.

I don't change razor heads but once every year or two; just don't shave enough and when I do its to clean up the edges. It been a long time since I was last fully clean shaven.

I think mines about as thick as its gonna get. Starting to get white hairs in in, and I'm only 34. I'm hoping it gets the salt/pepper look a la Clooney, the ladies usually find that hot on men (my wife especially...).

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I get my beard trimmed when I get a haircut, about every 6-8 weeks.  I HATE cleaning up the beard leavings.  Although I didn't get it trimmed during my last visit, wanted to keep it growing for my beer league hockey playoffs!

That being said, my mustache is also terrible.  It comes in super blonde.  Thick like my beard, but very hard to see.  I participated in movember this year and my wife was not a fan.  1 because it was the first time she had ever seen me without a beard (she likes me with the beard better) and 2 because she did not like my mustache.  I sacrificed a whole month of sex for the cause.

I don't think I'll participate next year.

I don't add anything to my beard, although I do sometimes shampoo it.  I've had to start combing it or I look like someone that has escaped from a mountain prison though. 

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

Glad to know I'm not the only one tempted to make bad jokes :tongue:

One of my major sources of current event news is Sickipedia. If there's a sudden surge in bad jokes about someone or something, it must be pretty big.

Why do women obsess over the weight of a newborn baby? I can only assume it's to calculate the cooking time. Sigh. So many babies, so few recipes... but they would be paleo...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Well, its tough to look professional at the office with a wild beard.  If it wasn't for that I would let it be as crazy as it wanted.

Makes sense.  The Powers that Be at my job are effectively making a promotion contingent upon me getting a trim, which makes me sadder than it should.

Well, its tough to look professional at the office with a wild beard. If it wasn't for that I would let it be as crazy as it wanted.

Makes sense. The Powers that Be at my job are effectively making a promotion contingent upon me getting a trim, which makes me sadder than it should.

Promotions are over rated. They typically put you in less interesting, more boring positions. However, that higher pay thing is nice. You could always trim it, get promoted, then slowly grow it out again.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm working on a live site right now, and facial hair is banned. I miss my goatee. I can't wait for school next month to grow it out again :)

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Company policy at my work says to "look neat." Meanwhile I'm sitting here with 2 weeks worth of growth on my face and no one's said anything. Well, the wife has, but she doesn't work with me ;)

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

Company policy at my work says to "look neat." Meanwhile I'm sitting here with 2 weeks worth of growth on my face and no one's said anything. Well, the wife has, but she doesn't work with me ;)

Our official dress policy I think is to not be offensive. VERY vague. There's one guy in another office who walks around constantly bikered up.

500 / 330 / 625

Yeah, our actual corporate-wide dress code is a little vague, too. Which is why the mention of facial hair is amusing to me. Although the dress code is pretty much up to each manager's discretion. Unfortunately, my manager's discretion is to have everyone in a shirt and tie. The code for women, though, is a little less stringent. =\ But hey, we get casual Friday, so I get to bust out out my jeans from time to time, so there's that.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

There's no way shirt and tie would fly at my work, not in this office anyway.  My boss (our principal consultant) often wear jeans, sometimes slacks, sometimes collared shirts.  I almost always wear khakis and a collared shirt or a decent sweater.

There was a guy who used to work here that broke out the shorts and clogs for the summer.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

Shorts are the only one I haven't ventured out to try, that one would get comments.  I typically dress in slacks and a polo, I look like I'm always ready to golf, which of course I am.

500 / 330 / 625

My work dress code is unbelievably lax for a wanna-be-professional biotech company.  Hell, in the summer they said feel free to wear shorts.  My boss (CSO) usually wears jeans and a button down dress shirt, not tucked in an not buttoned to the neck.  The CEO wears nicer clothing, but it's probably since she attends more meetings than my boss.

That being said, I usually do the jeans/button down thing.  If not a button down, usually a polo or a sweater-type thing.  It's just become comfortable for me.  Which people have commented that it's weird for a guy to dress that nicely (pretty much my boss and another director are the only ones who dress similarly.... everyone else does t-shirts and whatnot).

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

My work dress code is unbelievably lax for a wanna-be-professional biotech company.  Hell, in the summer they said feel free to wear shorts.  My boss (CSO) usually wears jeans and a button down dress shirt, not tucked in an not buttoned to the neck.  The CEO wears nicer clothing, but it's probably since she attends more meetings than my boss.

That being said, I usually do the jeans/button down thing.  If not a button down, usually a polo or a sweater-type thing.  It's just become comfortable for me.  Which people have commented that it's weird for a guy to dress that nicely (pretty much my boss and another director are the only ones who dress similarly.... everyone else does t-shirts and whatnot).

I find the smaller the company, the more lax it is.  I was allowed to wear anything short of flip slops to one microfab internship, including cargo shorts and aerosmith t-shirts.  My boss dressed the same.

500 / 330 / 625

Dress code varies depending on where you are in teh company.  those in the labs or those that do any manual labor can wear t-shirts and jeans.  For those of us in a regular office it's business casual (jeans, collared shirts).  For those that might deal with clients it's a bit higher (slacks, maybe a tie).

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I can wear jeans and t-shirts, it's pretty great. I think in my industry, graphic design and printing, it's all very casual. I'm allowed display my tattoos as well, they're all nerdy and inoffensive so it makes it easier

I have a friend in graphic design.  They design stuff for Spencer's, so it's almost impossible to be PC in any way at her job. But yeah, they wear whatever.

500 / 330 / 625