Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

This was a bad time for spezzy to come into this conversation...

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"

^this. She doesn't trust us boys not to join the mob when things get out of hand. I wouldn't either.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

This was a bad time for spezzy to come into this conversation...

You think she doesn't already read everything in here?

You'd be wrong.

Dude, I need SOMETHING to do to look busy between sets so everyone will leave me be :)

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

At least there were no sacrifices this time!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Stupid double posting phone

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Gives a completely different meaning to "let me be frank with you" ;)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Guest Snake McClain

I always hit the frank before the beans.

same here. I actually tag myself somewhat regularly when doing deadlifts (usually speedy ones during the warm up). It is unpleasant. 

Guest Snake McClain

So, is this going to be a place to just talk about health issues, or the lack of male representation in general?

The Men's Only thread was to discuss (originally) situations of health, living and anything that related particularly or specifically towards men, by men, but is not limited to exclusively just men. the idea was if I wanted a place to discuss prostate cancer, my libido or why i don't feel very manly when the guy next to me is deadlifting 500+ pounds *coughCoreyDcough* i could come here and see if this was normal or not and what I can do to improve. 

We have discussed men's health, fashion, lifestyle, how to handle certain familial relationships, dating, breaking up, death, juggling, hat wearing, monty python, pro wrestling and I think once we discussed how cool neil degrasse tyson is. (okay that last one i made up just now. 

SO the long and short is, if you have a weiner and balls (or even if you don't but you feel more relatable to those who do) then join in the conversation and reel free to talk about anything (almost) that you like. 

Guest Snake McClain

I want to be Neil de Grasse Tyson when I grow up.

I want to be his neighbor. seriously i had this conversation with a friend the other day.

I always hit the frank before the beans.

I have the joy of long arms here... I only gingerly touch the tip on deadlifts that go up too fast.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

You know this thread of conversation is starting to making me rethink if I should start lifting heavy. And not in a pleasant way...

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Guest Snake McClain

You know this thread of conversation is starting to making me rethink if I should start lifting heavy. And not in a pleasant way...

so you too can hit yourself in the dick with a barbell?

So I'm realizing I sorta missed you.

or why i don't feel very manly when the guy next to me is deadlifting 500+ pounds *coughCoreyDcough*

As I remember, the only time we met in person was when I was still failing at 465 singles.

I don't know who this Gainsdalf guy is but he seems really pretty

Must be the beard.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

HEyyyyyy! I know you. 

Welcome back to the party, I was wondering when you would show up again.  Now I want to go to Fire & Ice... think it might be time to start bugging the Boston nerds...

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

The Men's Only thread was to discuss (originally) situations of health, living and anything that related particularly or specifically towards men, by men, but is not limited to exclusively just men. the idea was if I wanted a place to discuss prostate cancer, my libido or why i don't feel very manly when the guy next to me is deadlifting 500+ pounds *coughCoreyDcough* i could come here and see if this was normal or not and what I can do to improve. 

We have discussed men's health, fashion, lifestyle, how to handle certain familial relationships, dating, breaking up, death, juggling, hat wearing, monty python, pro wrestling and I think once we discussed how cool neil degrasse tyson is. (okay that last one i made up just now. 

SO the long and short is, if you have a weiner and balls (or even if you don't but you feel more relatable to those who do) then join in the conversation and reel free to talk about anything (almost) that you like. 

And as some have realized _after_ hitting post, everyone on the boards and the internet can read whatever we are discussing...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

So, I've decided, and with some insistence from my girlfriend, to stop being friends with my ex.  Just flat out stop talking to her.

She mentally and emotionally abuses me.  She yells at me when it's not necessary, she always makes herself out to be the victim, when there either isn't a victim or it's really me, etc. etc.  I keep telling myself that she's not all bad, but to be honest i shouldn't have to put up with the crap that she doles out to me.  She doesn't' treat anyone else that way, just me.

So, yeah.  I'm depressed about it for some reason, but it's the right decision.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains