Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

*Raises hand* I just find em annoying because they seem to go on FOREVER...

Keep in mind I'm told I have the emotional range of a teaspoon... so I may be the weird one.

“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.†~Hermione Granger

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Montage of sad, abused puppies set to Sara McLachlan? Who wouldn't cry

RIGHT?! You could be a stone-hearted loner and still cry at that. Not to mention humans and animals always have that special bond.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.†~Hermione Granger

Would make sense that Harry Potter is where it comes from, fiance is a huge Harry Potter fan...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

The range of topics on this thread is really large. Its basically a place for guys to talk about guy stuff.

Sometimes it gets derailed, but its a place where a guy can ask a question without feeling criticized.

Just remember that it is only restricted by convention. Women can and do post here. But generally not..

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Alright so Question for my fellow man (or men as it is) how many of you have gone 100% paleo before? If so have you ever struggled with getting enough fiber in your diet? How did you go more? I am having some issues on the back end due to not enough fiber and just wondering how to remedy this problem

A normal day for food looks like

Breakfast ~ 3-4 eggs with a hand ful of sauteed spinach

Lunch~ A handful of spinach with orange peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and salasa for the dressing

afternoon snack~ cucumbers celery and carrots

Dinner~Something Paleo usually involving spinach

We eat ALOT of spinach...correction I eat alot of spinach.

I also drink about 144oz of water a day.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

The range of topics on this thread is really large. Its basically a place for guys to talk about guy stuff.

Sometimes it gets derailed, but its a place where a guy can ask a question without feeling criticized.

This one was probably my fault. Someone was talking about guns and I quoted the Dark Tower. It kinda took off from there. I should have remembered how nerdy everyone here is...

...but I'd do it again, dagnabbit!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Alright so Question for my fellow man (or men as it is) how many of you have gone 100% paleo before? If so have you ever struggled with getting enough fiber in your diet? How did you go more? I am having some issues on the back end due to not enough fiber and just wondering how to remedy this problem

Lunch~ A handful of spinach with orange peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and salasa for the dressing

You can fix that by eating more blueberries. One cup of blueberries contains an average of 3.6 grams of fiber so try it, it might help ;)

I do live in the blueberry state so thats not a bad idea, wish they weren't so expensive right now. the wife gets upset because one family size bag of spinach I can go through in 1 day. will have to check out some other sources aswell Thanks

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Can't go wrong with good old fashioned prunes...nature's laxative :)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I'm going to go counter to this and suggest more healthy fats. One cup of raw spinach has 3.5 - 4 grams of fiber in it, and you're eating what looks to be a lot, but the only fats I see are the eggs. I can't find the article now, but there was one that I read about fat, digestion and well... bathroom visits. And it suggested that fats are used by your body as a sort of lube to help everything move along. It seemed to work for me when I was 100% paleo...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I cook in Coconut oil or olive oil, depending on which my sleep brain grabs when I wake up, I also drink 1 cup of black coffee in the am. Since I started to make food from paleomg.com the issues seem to have reduced. She does nhave you add coconut oil to alot of things so maybe that is the improvement Insanity. Idunno. we will see. I am going  to star taking a fiber supplement Suprafiber (tastes like dirty water) it has 4grams of fiber per serving. not much but still helpful.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

This one was probably my fault. Someone was talking about guns and I quoted the Dark Tower. It kinda took off from there. I should have remembered how nerdy everyone here is...

...but I'd do it again, dagnabbit!

Oh that wasn't what I was referring to. But i do blame you for giving me yet another book series to read.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

At least it's completed, unlike Mr Martin's. I wouldn't bet on him finishing the series before he karks it at the current rate.

well at the least it'd be the last time he ruins the franchise by killing a beloved character...

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

I cook in Coconut oil or olive oil, depending on which my sleep brain grabs when I wake up, I also drink 1 cup of black coffee in the am. Since I started to make food from paleomg.com the issues seem to have reduced. She does nhave you add coconut oil to alot of things so maybe that is the improvement Insanity. Idunno. we will see. I am going to star taking a fiber supplement Suprafiber (tastes like dirty water) it has 4grams of fiber per serving. not much but still helpful.

If I've learned one thing as a parent it's that when it comes to produce, p=poop. As in, pineapple, peas, pears, prunes, plums, (red) peppers, etc.

Tiptoeing back out of the men thread...

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

TIL i spell cigarettes and coffee incorrectly [emoji14]

*sits down stubbornly in her comfy spot in the men only thread*

I knew I could count on you

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

At least it's completed, unlike Mr Martin's. I wouldn't bet on him finishing the series before he karks it at the current rate.

I just spent an enjoyable 10-15 minutes reading all the images that came up when googling "funny George RR Martin"

71ae12ac92701f445e3281f7b83f3b9c22dc0ede

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I just spent an enjoyable 10-15 minutes reading all the images that came up when googling "funny George RR Martin"

71ae12ac92701f445e3281f7b83f3b9c22dc0ede

OK... it was a bad idea to do that just before bed.... damnit...

• Like 1

My first challenge

OK... it was a bad idea to do that just before bed.... damnit...

indeed...

Thanks for the welcome. I chose the name more because it rhymed. Also, I thought VanTheSlightlyEffeminateCriesDuringASPCACommercialsAndDoesn'tGetSportsReferencesMan was a little excessive. :D

There are races to the remote in my house to see who can change the channel first when those come on.

Leafy greens. Broccoli and celery are pretty fibrous as well, broccoli is a go to for me, used to have it at lunch every day. Coffee is a staple as well. Like the others said though, fats are the other key. The biggest enemy is too much protein without fats and fiber. I'm the worst when I'm on a low cal diet and don't have the room for fats, but am still trying to hit 200g protein a day.

well at the least it'd be the last time he ruins the franchise by killing a beloved character...

It's ruined? No one told me that, I'm still loving it, though Dance was a bit slower than I'd like. There are two characters that he could kill that might ruin it for me, but the rest can bite it for all I care.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It's ruined? No one told me that, I'm still loving it, though Dance was a bit slower than I'd like. There are two characters that he could kill that might ruin it for me, but the rest can bite it for all I care.

i guess people had similar feelings, but ned was one of their two characters? i dunno, people get angry on the internet. 

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Killing Ned was hugely important for two reasons. First, is sets the dark tone for the series. It tells you that no one is safe and if you're going to play The Game of Thrones, you need to be dark, dirty, conniving, and willing to do whatever it takes to win, or you'll lose. You can't be crippled by something as simple as morality if you want to survive.

The second thing is that murder set up the beginning conflict for almost every storyline that takes place in the series. Can't have the war in the north, can't have Danaerys having attempts on her life, can't have any of the Sansa or Arya storylines, etc.

Edit: Spoiler for who my two are below, don't open if you don't want to know of two people who make it to the end of A Dance with Dragons alive:

Arya and Tyrion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Killing Ned was hugely important for two reasons. First, is sets the dark tone for the series. It tells you that no one is safe and if you're going to play The Game of Thrones, you need to be dark, dirty, conniving, and willing to do whatever it takes to win, or you'll lose. You can't be crippled by something as simple as morality if you want to survive.

The second thing is that murder set up the beginning conflict for almost every storyline that takes place in the series. Can't have the war in the north, can't have Danaerys having attempts on her life, can't have any of the Sansa or Arya storylines, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we can't have Sean Bean actually living through an entire story. Because Sean Bean.

• Like 2