Forums are back in action! ×

Okay, I'mma come right out and ask...

Thilde

...any other WWE fans here? And, if so, did anyone watch Night of Champions on PPV? My televisionless/cableless status is usually fine with me, but MAN! I would have loved to have watched that. Of course, there's no possible way to watch it online...it would be awesome if they'd let people who don't have tvs buy access to it and stream it. I'm kinda shocked they don't have that, actually. I haven't watched the highlights yet (just watched the latest Smackdown on Hulu yesterday, wanted to catch up on that first), so I have no idea what the results were.

Just thought I'd inquire if any other Rebels follow the WWE. :)

I haven't in recent years...but if you ever wanna stroll down memory lane with the old WWF then I am in. I have the '91 Survivor Series where Undertaker made his debut in my home state (I was there) on VHS!! First to receive the Tombstone pile driver....Coco B. Ware!! lol Love old school Wrestling!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JakSavage

Level 2 Half-Dragon Ranger

STR:6 DEX:5 STA:5 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

All your specs are belong to us!

I love old school wrestling too!! Love Koko B. Ware and the Undertaker! :D One of my favorite Thanksgivings was in college, we had a bunch of friends to our apt, cooked up a huge meal, and while the turkey was roasting we watched old wrestling on VHS all day. It was epic.

I didn't think I would like the current stuff, but dangit, I'm into the WWE now. Randy Orton is my current favorite favorite, and of course Sheamus the Great White is pretty fun to watch. John Cena and CM Punk have a pretty epic feud going, makes for entertaining television. They can both speak articulately, which is frankly a nice change from some of the other wrestlers now (who I like, don't get me wrong) who say words and sentences that don't make sense. As Inigo Montoya says, "You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means." :) My big beef with the WWE is tag teams. Remember when tag teams were AWESOME? The Nasty Boys, the Natural Disasters? Now they're just kindof sad, just filler matches before the big match each episode. Though, when (the real) Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio join up for a tag team, that's pretty sweet; those two guys have some moves.

Okay, prolly time for me to stop totally geeking out on WWE stuff....

Best tag teams of all time are as follows (IMHO) in no particular order:

Legion of Doom (Whhhaaaattt aaaa rruuusssshhhhhh!!)

Power and Glory

Steiner Bros.

The Rockers

Demolition

Natural Disasters

Nasty Boys

Bushwackers

I'm sure there are more I can't think of right now...but that's a pretty good starting list. :mask:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JakSavage

Level 2 Half-Dragon Ranger

STR:6 DEX:5 STA:5 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

All your specs are belong to us!

Haven't watched a whole lot of recent WWE or TNA, as with the uVerse family package, we don't get the channels. I grew up watching AWA, WCCW, Florida, Georgia, WWF, then WWFE/E and WCW. Attended a couple of the Road Wild PPVs at Sturgis. Currently watching ROH. The things I miss most are the real tag teams and the progression of the belts - IC/US champ being the #1 contender to the world belt

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

I'm a WWE Fan, I was there when they had the Undertaker VS Undertaker... oh man, was THAT a good match! I'm not into it as much anymore, but I still watch it, because my Brother and bro-in-law does. Current Favorites are: Sin Cara, Ray Mysterio, Undertaker, and that's about as much I can remember right now.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I was a huge WCW fan. Now, I only watch TNA. wwe just isn't my thing. I also used to watch AAA out of Mexico on Galavision but for some reason they replaced it w/ that CMLL crap.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

How can you have a list of Greatest Tag Teams and NOT have the Greatest Tag Team...

THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS!!!

Michael Hayes...Terry Gordy...Buddy Roberts, they new how to kick ass!!!

Other honorable mentions:

Kronik

LAX (Hernandez & Homicide)

Hell Brothers(AAA) - Cibernectico, Chessman, Charlie Manson

Junkyard Dog & Col. Buck Robely (Mid-South Championship Wrestling)

"The Big Cat" Ernie Ladd & "Bad Bad" Leroy Brown (Mid-South)

Kerry & Kevin Von Erich

The Beautiful People - Angelina Love & Velvet Skye

Secta (AAA) - Dark Ozz, Dark Espiritu, Dark Cuervo, Dark Scoria

And the coolest tag match I've seen in person...

Junkyard Dog, Dusty Rhodes, Andre The Giant vs. "The Big Cat" Ernie Ladd, Affa, Sika (Mid-South)

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I watch Raw and Impact every week and usually catch Smackdown. Also I stream the PPV's so I can keep up with those. Guess I'm a bit of a wrestling geek (though I don't follow indie stuff or ROH or anything). Hell I'm watching the main event to Raw right now.

CM Punk is the best thing to happen to the WWE since Rock/Austin and AJ Styles to me is the next Shawn Michaels, or I guess the Shawn Michaels of TNA. The Showstopper no matter where he is on the card.

Level: 1 Adventurer Str: 2 Dex: 1 Sta: 1 Con: 3 Wis: 2 Cha: 1

Not all those who wander are lost. I come and go like the wind.
Einz

I'm friends with Steve Blackman. I have had the chance to meet a few wrestlers they were all very nice. I wrestled twice thought in a way it was harder than "real" fighting. I watch when I can but we do not have a TV. I love the history of professional wrestling and how MMA is tied into it. I can talk for hours on the connection when professional wrestling was real then turned into sports entertainment then Dana White used Vinney Mac's formula to create a more compelling UFC.

Race: Mul (Dark Sun, AD&D)

Profession: Battle Monk

Level:1

Str/4 Dex/3 Con/4 Wis/2 Cha/2

Archived