Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, trying to turn my life around

I am an early 30s, obese male. I have been unhappy with my life for a long time. I believe the golden triangle that made up my life is mind, body and soul. I have start to meditate for a while and try to be more positive in my thinking. But I understand the most control I have on is my body. I have grow obese and it is affecting negatively everything else in my life. I decide is time to do something about it again. And hopefully this one stick.

I start Paleo diet about six month ago and try to exercise. My Paleo diet was about 40-50% of my meal. exercising was hard. I was 130kg and could not find motivation to exercise. The only "exercise" I get was occasional walk around the park.

Even so, I manage to lost 10kg for the past six months. I really want to go full steam. Hoping for a Paleo diet of at least 85% of my meals. I hope to be able to exercise regularly and improve my fitness.

More importantly, I wish to be happy again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Adventurer

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1

“The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one

-Elbert Hubbardâ€

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/solartorch

Guest Snake McClain

You can totally do this! Start in baby steps. Go with paleo in little steps at a time. Start exercising a little bit at a time. YOU ARE IN CONTROL! No one else. You can do this, and we can and will help with any kind of advice we have to offer. All you ever have to do is ask.

I would like to commiserate with you, because I know exactly how you are feeling. I have done what you did too, in feb of this year and then in July I started my first 6 week challenge and things picked up. I met a bunch of people on the threads who were supportive and kind and feeling the same way I was. This is my third challenge, I've improved my Paleo intake by 100% (roughly 70-80% Paleo now) andmy exercise regime has increased dramatically. I'm doing weights as well as walking and maybe I will even start running soon. I took a decision not to look at the weight as my main goal so that when it didn't change too much I wouldn't get demotivated. I am starting to crave veggies and meat and exercise. And the only thing I can tell you is that I just kept at it even if I was just plodding along at some points.

So welcome and congrats on taking your first steps. We're all here backing you. Why not join a challenge (we are only at the end of the first week so it's definitely not too late) and discover just how supportive everyone is. Who knows you might find your motivation where you least expect it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Welcome to NF! I have to agree with Snake... baby steps are the key... start changing your habits a little bit at a time. You can totally do it :)

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Hey, I am pretty much on the same spot, or was a month and a half ago, I started walking, then some jogging-walking (c25k program) and feel a lot better now, keep on going, it DOES get easier, a little at a time goes a long way.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Archived