Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie Nerd Fitness Wanna Be

Hi all,

My name is Bethany and I'm new to the group. I am on a mission to loose 9 of my 10 asses!! I have been a member of the 300+ club for way too long and I'm sooooooooooooooooooo done! I turned 40 and my mission in my 40's was to finally tell my fat to suck it! I am about to turn 41 in December so I'm behind schedule. I found this site by looking up paleo "success stories" and boy am I glad I found you all. I am actually no stranger to exercising but it's like an act of GOD to get me started and going. I know I can do it and under all of my fat I actually do have muscle, I just need to tap into it again. My mother was heavy and passed away from a heart attack from her obesity and I DO NOT want that to be my fate. So here I am ready to go. I'm an motivated and an open book so any suggestions to getting started and sticking with it would be WONDERFUL!!! I have a lil inner challenge in my mind to be one of the "Success Stories" on this site. Be well all and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Bethany:smug:

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Neosoulbetty, level 1 Adventurer wannabe Ranger/Druid

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 5|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

"We do what we have to do so we can do what we want to do." - Denzel Washington

Welcome to the Rebellion! This is definitely the kind of community that will help you keep on keepin' on when you think you can't do it anymore. I'm totally aiming to be a success story too, just make sure you take lots of pictures of your progress so that a) YOU can see the difference because that can be so hard and B) so it'll make it easier for Steve to write your blog post! ;)

Can't wait to see you succeed!

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Athena is pretty much the greatest hero of all time. You should listen to her.

It is a pleasure to meet you! The most important thing motivation wise, I think, is to find an activity you enjoy doing. Not something to improve you, to help you loose weight or anything else, just something you like to do. So you will even do it when you feel a bit rubbish and want to give up.

Level 1 Orc Assassin STR: 5.5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 6.5 "My strength lies in my tenacity."  

Bethany, Are you the Bethany that put her name down next to mine looking for help? If so, I am here to help... You already got some awesome advise.

Slow and steady wins the race. What you are doing is changing your lifestyle, so you need to change it to something you can imagine doing for the rest of your life! Not just for 6 weeks.

The first thing we need to do is define some goals for you so you can take part in this challenge. Have you already thought of what goals you would like to go with? I'll send you a PM with my email if you want to communicate via email (keep in mind we are in different timezones and I work full time, so I wont always be able to reply immediately).

Since you are only just starting, I recommend going with something simple and achievable. What type of exercise do you like to do? Can you easily do at the moment?

Regarding eating, what can you do to improve your diet? I suggest adding more veggies and protein and reducing sweets, fried foods and white carbs. Also, reduce your portion sizes slightly. Don't go crazy reducing the amount of stuff you eat. Reduce it just a little bit and start slowly swapping "bad" foods for "good" foods (in my case I reduced the equivalent to 200cals and am loosing 1 to 2lbs per week, which is exactly in the healthy weight loss range).

What works really well is to pick your goals based on what you can do. Choose things like "walk 20min at least 4 times per week" or "eat 1 serving of vegetables instead of bread per day" or "drink water instead of soda/juice". Don't choose "loose 20lbs in 6 weeks" or "eat better".

I can totally see you becoming one of the Success Stories!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Archived