Forums are back in action! ×

Game of Thrones: SERIES discussion..

Heironymus

Ok.. this is a discussion thread for the Game of Thrones series. You have questions.. ask them.. you have theories on the next books or specific plot points.. lets hear them...

ok.. so here is the thing about spoilers.. anyone that has read the whole series up to date wont have to worry about spoilers.. anyone still reading the series just be conscience of it.. I will post a #SPOILER before I type anything about a major plot point and may very well make the text WHITE.. so you have to highlight it to read it.. thats just me when it comes to spoilers.. I cant hold people to that standard so read at your own risk.

I will show you what I mean

#SPOILER

OK.. if you are reading this then you have highlighted the text in white and know how to do spoiler text.. Congrats! :)#ENDSPOILER

Ogre Warrior
LEVEL : 2
STR 6 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 3
"CARPE DIEM"

subscribed. im only on book 4 (been on book 4 for a while) but i dig the series and love overly in depth discussions of fantasy universes :P tbh im kind of torn on book 4, i love all the stuff about dorne, but hate having to read so much cersei and i really just want to get back to tyrion, john snow, and arya chapters. how long does it take for george r r to get back to the meat of the story?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

subscribed. im only on book 4 (been on book 4 for a while) but i dig the series and love overly in depth discussions of fantasy universes :P tbh im kind of torn on book 4, i love all the stuff about dorne, but hate having to read so much cersei and i really just want to get back to tyrion, john snow, and arya chapters. how long does it take for george r r to get back to the meat of the story?

unfortunately you will have to wait until the fifth book.. the way they were written was going to be a gigantic book and he decided to split them geographically.. basically everything to do with the main part of Westeros is in Feast for Crows.. Everything to do with The Wall and everywhere else is in the latest book Dance with Dragons.. my favorite of the book you are on is the Asha story arc.. and Sam's arc.. good luck powering through the rest until you reach the last book...

Anyone wanna throw down some theory on Jon Snow's lineage? I have a few theories I wanna throw out there..

Ogre Warrior
"CARPE DIEM"

I'm currently on the 2nd part of A Dance With Dragons (they split the book into two for the UK release) and loving it. Started reading about all the different theories a little bit back whilst I was still on A Feast For Crows and it made me realise how many subtle little details I hadn't picked up on, for example I'd never even though that Jon Snow's parentage was in question, just assumed he was Ned's bastard as stated and the identity of his mother was only brought up for realism (because why wouldn't people be intrigued to know who the ever faithful Ned Stark had an affair with). My favourite theory on it (and what I think is the most likely at the moment) is that *SPOILER* Jon is not Ned's bastard but actually Lyanna and Rhaegar's child *END SPOILER*

I'll be interested to see what everyone else thinks and see if there's any more I haven't picked up on

(because why wouldn't people be intrigued to know who the ever faithful Ned Stark had an affair with). My favourite theory on it (and what I think is the most likely at the moment) is that *SPOILER* Jon is not Ned's bastard but actually Lyanna and Rhaegar's child *END SPOILER*

I completely agree for a variety of reasons.. the other reason that that fits is because the Targaryens are represented by a three headed dragon. #SPOILER Aegon the original conquerer had his dragon and his two wife/sisters on their dragons.. Daenarys has three dragons and while likely ride one.. leaving her open to have two other riders for her other dragons.. I think Jon Snow will be one as he is her Nephew if he is infact Rhaegars son.. it fits together nicely and if he is a truly a WARG like the other Stark children then he should be able to "control" one of the dragons..

whats interesting is if this theory works then it leaves open who will be the last rider.. Jaime? Tyrion? Daenarys other nephew?#endofSpoiler

Ogre Warrior
"CARPE DIEM"

Don't we have a thread for this?

I think it just needs moved over to the book club section.

#SPOILER

OK.. if you are reading this then you have highlighted the text in white and know how to do spoiler text.. Congrats! :)#ENDSPOILER

Also, this only works if someone is viewing the forum in a browser. In tapatalk, the white text shows up like normal. (Ironically, using actual spoiler tags [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] works as it should in tapatalk, but not in a browser, lol.)

I'm on book 3 and have been for a while. Once I'm done with 1Q84 I will read nonstop GoT until I'm done!

I would have to say my favorite story arc is Jon Snow and Arya.. although my favorite character is still Jaime Lannister..

Ogre Warrior
"CARPE DIEM"

I completely agree for a variety of reasons.. the other reason that that fits is because the Targaryens are represented by a three headed dragon. #SPOILER Aegon the original conquerer had his dragon and his two wife/sisters on their dragons.. Daenarys has three dragons and while likely ride one.. leaving her open to have two other riders for her other dragons.. I think Jon Snow will be one as he is her Nephew if he is infact Rhaegars son.. it fits together nicely and if he is a truly a WARG like the other Stark children then he should be able to "control" one of the dragons..

whats interesting is if this theory works then it leaves open who will be the last rider.. Jaime? Tyrion? Daenarys other nephew?#endofSpoiler

*SPOILER* I think Tyrion is a good possibility just because GRRM seems to be stressing his love of dragons. The other possibility is Bran just because of the constant mentions about how he will never walk again but will fly, so maybe he becomes a dragon rider or is able to get to the point where he can warg inside a dragon *END SPOILER*

Don't we have a thread for this?

I think it just needs moved over to the book club section.

Also, this only works if someone is viewing the forum in a browser. In tapatalk, the white text shows up like normal. (Ironically, using actual spoiler tags [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] works as it should in tapatalk, but not in a browser, lol.)

We have a thread for this guys, trying to decide whether to close this thread or not so that you go there and participate, tons of good ideas there.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

We have a thread for this guys, trying to decide whether to close this thread or not so that you go there and participate, tons of good ideas there.

Close this one and maybe move the other thread to book club which is where any new member would look for it.. it was started back in april when apparently there was not book club forum... just a thought.. that way there isnt two of them.

I didnt know there was another thread about this topic which is why I created it in Book Club.

Ogre Warrior
"CARPE DIEM"

Ok, thread closed. See my last post for the link to the other thread. Will move that one once I'm on a computer instead of my phone.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived