Forums are back in action! ×

New Brazilian Rebel

Hi, my name is Amanda and i got to admit.. i just messed up every try to get in shape.

I'm 21, 174 pounds (79kg) and used to be an atlet.. trained with the soccer team, run at least 4 times/week, and trained Kung-Fu..

Then, i went to college, started to work.. and everything just went out of control. In 3 years, got 44 extra pounds.

And now i think is time to burn it all again.

Every aspect in my life seems to go well.. work in a great company, personal life goes great.. but my self-esteem is starting to drop, and i'm getting worried.

And my great weakness is the diet : i have a strong body.. so even big like i'm now, i can still run, fight and all that, but just can't eat properly.

Because of that, i'll declare my first challenge :

>> Eat right the whole month and exercise 2 times a week. <<

Okay, now i said it out loud, and can't pretend it's all okay and keep lying to myself! ;D

And well.. summer is starting here in Brazil.. i want to fit in my bikini again! LOL

First Quest! 5k Running (2014 not completed)

[Now] Do you wish to play again? (x) Yes ( ) No

Nike+

MyFitnessPal
Facebook
Twitter

Worst Weight: 82Kg (180 lbs)

Best  Weight: 71Kg (156 lbs)

Actual Weight: 77Kg (169 lbs)

Welcome! Diet is 80% of the battle (but the hardest part I tend to find).

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Welcome Mandy!, I hope you stay here for a while, there is a lot of help and encouragement around here. About your diet, set some specific goals and keep track of them! it's the best way to make sure you stay on track.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Well, the good news is that i liked paleo diet before i knew what it meant... I just love to cook meat and vegetables and i think that i'll start like this =)

I'll post something every week to follow up this goal, and hope it works!

Nike+

MyFitnessPal
Facebook
Twitter

Welcome, Mandy! Way to jump right into your new way of living! I know what you mean about not being able to lie to yourself anymore....I'm sure you'll find lots of support here to help on your journey. In about a week and a half we're going to be starting a new 6 week challenge, so start thinking about 3 fitness goals (you've already stated two that would work really well, so think of a third) and one life goal (something you want to change about your life) and join us! We are just finishing up one, and I can't tell you how amazing it has been :) Good luck with your goals!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Hi Hiraedd!

I liked this idea of 6 week challenge... but don't know exactly how it works.. Does this have anything to do with the classes/races and stats in your signature?

And guys, thanks for the support!

Nike+

MyFitnessPal
Facebook
Twitter

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Heya Mandy!!! One more brazilian!! Yayyyy!!!!! People here are -really- supportive and the challenges are awesome!!! Next one starts on November 12th!!! If you need any help you can send me a message or something!

Seja bem vinda!!!

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Hi everyone o/

I read some threads about 6 week challenges, and the last one ended in November 5.. and i want to join the next one! =)

I'll think better about goals, create a good character and wait for the announcement!

I'm still making a better diet than last week.. and made a 45 min circuit on my bike on the streets yesterday. It felt really nice to stretch my muscles again :smile-new:

Nike+

MyFitnessPal
Facebook
Twitter

Welcome back! How goes the healthy eating?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Welcome back! How goes the healthy eating?

Hi! My healthy eating is not that good, but i subscribed for the next 6week challenge to finally run 5k in 30 min..

Since i'm not good yet about controlling my diet, i just decided to have fun and start running again. When i run, i'm less anxious, i just feel better and eat better too, so i'll go with that for now.

Thanks for replying, it's really cool to have people to talk with =)

Nike+

MyFitnessPal
Facebook
Twitter

Archived