Forums are back in action! ×

Temptation resisted!

rabbit

My biggest weakness is Papa Gino's cheese bread (I know, it's lame and gross.) Yesterday I was at a friends' house and they ordered tons of Papa Ginos including, you guessed it, cheese bread. I was really hungry, but I knew that when my boyfriend picked me up I had food I could cook at home.

Normally, I would have fought it for two minutes then chowed down. But, I looked at it through the eyes of an assassin and thought, "I can't damage my body like that. The planet won't be safe from the vampires I'm here to slay if I get slowed down." So, not only did I resist my kryptonite, I dropped to the floor and did pushups. I'm grateful for Steve's post on embracing the weird. I live my whole life embracing weird and not giving a damn what people think of my strange clothes and behavior, but I've ALWAYS felt self conscious turning down food and doing exercise to fight it even though I need to.

I got through the temptation and went home and cooked some real food. Might not seem like much, but this is huge for me. I've felt like a slave to crap food and sedentary lifestyle for years, and I'm so proud of myself for accomplishing that small goal.

[TABLE=width: 300, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

rabbit, level 1 Vampire Assassin

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 6|CHA 5

[/TABLE]

"When you become a vampire, the demon takes your body, but it doesn't get your soul; that's gone. No conscience, no remorse, it's an easy way to live. You have no idea what it's like to have done the things I've done...and care. I haven't fed on a human being since that day."

That's outstanding!

(though I'm saddened you're a vampire assassin as I am a vampire! Good thing you live far away! LOL)

Amazon Warrior

Stronglifts 5x5 Progress:

Started 7/29/13

Starting Squat Weight: 45         Current Squat Weight: 75 (staying here while working on form)

Starting Bench Weight: 45        Current Bench Weight: 65

Starting Row Weight: 65           Current Row Weight: 85

Starting OHP Weight: 45           Current OHP Weight: 55

Starting DL Weight: 65              Current DL Weight: 105

I'm also a vampire. I'm a vampire who is a vampire slayer, it's a tortured life I lead. Thanks for the support though, I think I'll spare you. And hey, if you want to check in with me during the 6 weeks on the money part (or any goal) just send me a message!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

"When you become a vampire, the demon takes your body, but it doesn't get your soul; that's gone. No conscience, no remorse, it's an easy way to live. You have no idea what it's like to have done the things I've done...and care. I haven't fed on a human being since that day."

A tortured life indeed. And absolutely count on me checking in with you!

Amazon Warrior

Stronglifts 5x5 Progress:

Started 7/29/13

Starting Squat Weight: 45         Current Squat Weight: 75 (staying here while working on form)

Starting Bench Weight: 45        Current Bench Weight: 65

Starting Row Weight: 65           Current Row Weight: 85

Starting OHP Weight: 45           Current OHP Weight: 55

Starting DL Weight: 65              Current DL Weight: 105

Awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Just reading about these cheese bread I never even knew existed makes me want to eat it. You are a stronger vampire than me... well I am not a vampire... but you get the idea!

Way to go! Keep it up!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Archived