Forums are back in action! ×

Major cosmetics company featuring a lady bodybuilder in the promo photo, love it

humanperson832

So MAC Cosmetics is coming out with a collection called Strength, and the model (Jelena Abbou, does that mean anything to anyone here?) looks like this, and I'm thrilled about it:

http://www.temptalia.com/images/spring2013/spring2013_macstrength001.jpg (I don't think hotlinking brings good karma)

I'm even more thrilled that the comment section, currently 129 strong, only has 1 or 2 people with the usual "ew muscls r gross" garbage. Tons of weightlifting ladies and their admirers commenting, and it just warmed my heart.

I realize that all any corporation really cares about is profit at the end of the day, but it's still awesome of them to do something this bold. I don't know that I've ever seen a super fit, strong woman as a model in this capacity.

(Sorry if this is TOO off-topic, this just seemed like an appropriate place to start a discussion on it)

Hmm... points to the marketers for puuting strength and feminine beauty in the same picture, but i think they got it wrong.

The whole feminine power vibe is severely undermined by the corsetlike bodice and poofy skirt. I mean, if there was ever a symbol of enforced female weakness and delicacy in the name of beauty, it was the corset. On a girl with those shoulders, a dress designed to make the waist appear dainty and the feet vanish looks all wrong to me. She looks about to burst out of the dress. Should give her a sheath cut that shows off her lower body a little to balance things out. This is pasting a Cinderella look onto a Black Widow.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Hmm... points to the marketers for puuting strength and feminine beauty in the same picture, but i think they got it wrong.

The whole feminine power vibe is severely undermined by the corsetlike bodice and poofy skirt. I mean, if there was ever a symbol of enforced female weakness and delicacy in the name of beauty, it was the corset. On a girl with those shoulders, a dress designed to make the waist appear dainty and the feet vanish looks all wrong to me. She looks about to burst out of the dress. Should give her a sheath cut that shows off her lower body a little to balance things out. This is pasting a Cinderella look onto a Black Widow.

I agree with Raincloak; this looks completely mismatched to me. Maybe it's the dress, I don't know, but something looks badly off to me. I like the concept, but not the execution in that picture.

Now, her own webpage? Gorgeous! That is a confident, fit, and beautiful woman. :)

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

That picture of her was pretty nice, even though it looks like she's wearing a garbage bag.

However, when I googled her name I didn't find many other flattering photos. Really nasty implants... I'm not against them per se' but these stick out too much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6737[/ATTACH]

Half-Dragon Ranger

Level 4 

Total: Str: 6.75 Dex: 6.75 Sta: 7.5 Con: 4 Wis: 5 Cha: 7.5

~ Here be Dragons ~

Archived