Forums are back in action! ×

Deadlift plateau smash!

andygates

My deadlift max was stuck at 200kg for months and months. I was getting a bit anxious about it, and I'm really good at sticking on round numbers. Done it before!

I'd decided to progress my deadlift the way I did back before, with infrequent heavy singles. Today at the end of Heavy Day, the 182.5kg as rx'd, then did one 192.5. Big breathing and a snort of ammonia and rolling eyes then RIP. That went up super fast and strong. Had to try. 202.5. Just one percent over the ceiling I've bounced off like a moth for ever.

GOT IT.

Pretty fast too: it didn't hitch, it didn't squirm out of my grip, and I think there might be more in the tank.

Hulk smash puny plateau!

My deadlift max was stuck at 200kg for months and months. I was getting a bit anxious about it, and I'm really good at sticking on round numbers. Done it before!

I'd decided to progress my deadlift the way I did back before, with infrequent heavy singles. Today at the end of Heavy Day, the 182.5kg as rx'd, then did one 192.5. Big breathing and a snort of ammonia and rolling eyes then RIP. That went up super fast and strong. Had to try. 202.5. Just one percent over the ceiling I've bounced off like a moth for ever.

GOT IT.

Pretty fast too: it didn't hitch, it didn't squirm out of my grip, and I think there might be more in the tank.

Hulk smash puny plateau!

Awesome progress! Keep up the great work!

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Archived