Forums are back in action! ×

Finally! A pullup!

chriskra

A few days ago, after following Steve's "Do A Pullup" plan, I finally accomplished my first strict pullup! I honestly cannot remember ever being able to do one, and not only that, but I tried again tonight, and was able to string together 2-rep sets of both pullups and chinups! It feels totally BA! And it's all thanks to you NF!

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

Big YEAY that is very exciting.

Mel The Hangry, Level 7, Aussie Gnome, Druid

STR 9.5 | DEX 7.5 | STA 18 | CON 19.5 | WIS 14.5 | CHA 6.5 

Current Challenge: TBA

Last Challenges: Mel The Hangry is getting back to basicsMel The Hangry is making changesMel The Hangry is turning into a Druid

"Some days you eat salads and do yoga, Some days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants, It’s called balance."

Athena: 6 weeks of consistent bodyweight work plus YEARS of failed, half-assed attempts!

Congratulations! :D

6 weeks hey... Hmmm... I would very much like to be able to do a pull up. Perhaps a goal for the next challenge...

Padawan Adventurer: Level 23 STR | 2 DEX | 2 STA | 2 CON | 4 WIS | 4 CHACurrent Mission: Preparing for the Trials"I'm the one with enthusiasm. You're the one with experience, which I'm looking forward to learning from." - Ahsoka Tano

A few days ago, after following Steve's "Do A Pullup" plan, I finally accomplished my first strict pullup! I honestly cannot remember ever being able to do one, and not only that, but I tried again tonight, and was able to string together 2-rep sets of both pullups and chinups! It feels totally BA! And it's all thanks to you NF!

Way to go! It's fantastic to reach a major goal like that, and then to keep on pushing to be able to do more and more is impressive further still! What's your next fitness goal, now that you've gone this far?

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

congrats, my friend! I am in a similar situation.

i was never able to do more than 1 pullup for as far back as I can remember. I discovered NF back in June, and now I can do 15!

of course, that is 15 reps spread out over three sets, but it still counts!

keep up the god work! we are all proud of you.

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W

Congratulations! :D

6 weeks hey... Hmmm... I would very much like to be able to do a pull up. Perhaps a goal for the next challenge...

This is BRILLIANT! And hey @LindaM- This is a goal for me this year as well :-)

Level 1 Human-High Elf Adventurer of Awesomeness

Bikini on a Beach (2013 BHAG)   |   Miss K's Battle Log | Challenge 1- 2013

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 |   STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3   | CH: 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~ Everyone's always telling you to be humble. When was the last time someone told you to be great?

And what's your dream of happiness? ~~

Congrats! You've reached what is one of my future goals. I so want to get of the "assist" machine and do full body weight pullups. One day... I'll get there one day.

Laudabiliter -- Level 1 Mul WarriorSTR 3| DEX 2| STA 3| CON 3| WIS 2| CHA 2

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Bene Gesserit litany against fear

Archived