Forums are back in action! ×

McRib and I'll start tomorrow

Trooper

Why do today what could be put off til tomorrow?  

I plan on going Palio the beginning of the year, I have tried to eat right but, come on, McRib!!! My food Kriptonite.  The questions is do I take the plunge and scarf a few of those bad boys down before I go the high road or just blow them off?  Is this a discipline thing?  What is the nerd way?  Is there justification for putting of the change of diet for one day or will it harm me physically and scar me emotionally for life?

With 14 hours left in 2012 this my friends, is what I choose to question

Trooper

I think it's just a matter of how you work personally. If I want to do something, like quit sodas, I just have to drop it right then. I can't go and have a few and say I'll quit the next day because tomorrow will never come. Some people do just fine like that though. It's all about how your thought processes work. Good luck!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I guess it depends on you.

My personal feeling is scarfing a bunch of those is a) horrid for your body and B) filling an emotional need. Do you want your emotions to control your eating? If it's really that important to you, sure have one, but will it help you get started or hinder you? I do allow myself a couple small treats before a whole30 or something, but binging defeats the purpose and every time I've done that, I've failed miserably at whatever food goal I tried to embark upon.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

It depends on how you cut out bad habits. If you've quit others before, what worked? If you can have a metaphorical last cigarette before quitting, do that. If you need to quit cold turkey, now, do that.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Blow them off. 

I've never understood the cult following around McRibs. But I'm a Texan and we're hard enough to please with real meat, much less with pseudo-meat.

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

Blow them off. 

I've never understood the cult following around McRibs. But I'm a Texan and we're hard enough to please with real meat, much less with pseudo-meat.

I think you mis-spelled Texan.  I think it should read "Normal person".  :)  I kid.  Personally, I want nothing to do with anything coming from any fast food joint other then Subway and even that I'm a bit skeptical of and try to steer clear.

My vote would be to stay away.  Learn to live without it.  

I tried to quit smoking for years and could never do it because I always said, after this pack is done. One day I decided to actually quit, took the half of a pack I had tossed it in the garbage. I've been smoke free ever since. While not quite the same thing as you are going through but close enough for addiction purposes. I found that if you use the mentality "tomorrow", it means you don't actually want to. To quit any addiction (food, alcohol, drugs), you have to really want to for you. 

I realize this post is two days late, but...

Whenever you're faced with giving up a particular food that you absolutely LOVE there are two options you can take: 1. Learn to make your own _______, and 2. Fix the rest of your diet and keep ______ as an occasional treat.

Learning to make your own paleo BBQ pork sandwich will leave you with a lot of knowledge (through your experimentation) and your own personal, favorite "McRib". Keeping the McDonald's McRib as an occasional treat won't be hard (given how sporadic their appearance is anyway), and as long as you're watching the rest of your diet, it isn't going to derail your whole menu plan either.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Archived