Forums are back in action! ×

Any Cosplayers? :D

How have I missed this group before!

I went to Dragon*Con for the first time last year and was so sad that I didn't have any costumes - so I may be going a little overboard this year. :)

Since I spend most of my time in the alternate history track, I'm making steampunk-influenced costumes for:

1. Vivi from Final Fantasy IX

2. a Final Fantasy White Mage (although I'd like to be in good enough shape to cosplay as Dagger at some point)

3. a Moogle

We've also got some other 'walking-around/shopping' costumes, which I guess don't really count. :)

• Like 1

I'm not a cosplay'er but an otaku you bet! I love anime and manga of all kinds! my top shounen being Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann! and my top Seinen/Slice of Life being Clannad (Holy mother of God the feels in this show) and I guess my top Shoujo(?) being Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai. Though if I could get to the point to cosplay as Kamina or Post-TS Simon I would love to!

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

First I was like yeah, that's probably true - getting healthy is important...

... and then I remembered that I joined because I want to cosplay as Lara Croft. So I guess you aren't alone Laney!

I guess I would be called an aspiring cosplayer; I haven't officially done it before, but I love costuming and one of my friends invited me to go to a con with her next year, pretty excited. :)

I now have a list of characters I want to do next, but first I need to get in shape for Lara!

Haha awesome! It's good to have a goal in mind, you should definitely post pics after the con :D

It's something that I would do if I could find a decent character that wears glasses and/or is ginger or bald (often shave my head)

Wigs, contacts. Boom ;D

I've never cosplayed, but I've definitely got an interest in it... I have made a couple neat fantasy-themed things for my photography class I took back in the day, and I spend time on deviant art looking at folks who are pros at it.

Now that I'm more fit, I also would love to cosplay a bit more.

I'm not a very social nerd though, and my boyfriend is basically afraid of anywhere that involves big crowds (and I don't blame him, sometimes I get pretty anxious in crowds too).

But that said, I still would love to go to a convention dressed as some of my favourite characters from Avatar: TLA or Miu from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple (since I look like her, minus the massive tits).

It'd be cute because I'm fair-skinned like Miu, and my boyfriend is half Korean, so he'd make a pretty good Kenichi.

...aaaanyway. Time to get off the forums and do my circuit for the day!

You should check out some smaller cons in your area! Miu and Kenichi would be awesome... Though I do love Avatar as well!

I do have most of my pictures on my Tumblr, if you want to see--my girlfriend and I did a photo shoot out in the forest with our cosplays.

They should all be under this link if you wanted to check them out :) I should note that we're 'shippers, so if Merlin and Arthur being cute and romantical isn't for you you might want to steer cleer ^^;

u.u I was totally creepin' on the ''Merlin Cosplay'' tag and saw your images, totally adorable! No fear, I ship Merthur too >.>

Maybe late to the party, but...

... one of my eventual fitness goals is to go to my first ever con... as Kenshiro.

o.o yessss~

I've never done it but I am really interested. Hopefully I can get into it when I get back to the US.

Where are you living now?

How have I missed this group before!

I went to Dragon*Con for the first time last year and was so sad that I didn't have any costumes - so I may be going a little overboard this year. :)

Since I spend most of my time in the alternate history track, I'm making steampunk-influenced costumes for:

1. Vivi from Final Fantasy IX

2. a Final Fantasy White Mage (although I'd like to be in good enough shape to cosplay as Dagger at some point)

3. a Moogle

We've also got some other 'walking-around/shopping' costumes, which I guess don't really count. :)

All of those would be awesome! Steampunk Moogle, do it up :tongue:

Nice! 

I'm not a cosplay'er but an otaku you bet! I love anime and manga of all kinds! my top shounen being Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann! and my top Seinen/Slice of Life being Clannad (Holy mother of God the feels in this show) and I guess my top Shoujo(?) being Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai. Though if I could get to the point to cosplay as Kamina or Post-TS Simon I would love to!

Kamina cosplayers are awesome, especially when they stay in character. That is a seriously long name for a shoujo...

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Okay NF Cosplayers! I could use your help--please allow me to pick your brains.

For a con coming up in August, about a month from now, I have a small group who are planning on cosplaying from NBC's Hannibal. My girlfriend is going as Will Graham, my best friend is going as Hannibal...and I am going as an anthropomorphic Dire Ravenstag.

I need big, huge, majestic stag antlers that I can make myself, which will stay on my head, and which aren't going to cause me a bazillion and one problems.

Bonus points if they are transportable/I can break them down in some way. ^^;

Does anyone have any thoughts? I've seen everything from papier-mache to model magic to vacuum-forming and I'm really feeling rather lost.

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Hey guys!  I'm not a cosplayer, but I've always really wanted to be.  One of my rewards for getting to my goal weight is going to be making a super awesome Jedi costume, among others.  

Salt Lake is getting its very first Comic-Con this year (in September) and I am trying to figure out if there's anything I can cosplay as right now without feeling ridiculously large.  

My son (age 5) is going to Comic Con with me and my husband and we are thinking of dressing him up in a little military uniform with a nametag that says WIGGIN on it. 

Why?  Ender Wiggin of course!  I LOVE Ender's Game! 

CraigandZac-AshandRedRanger2_zps5ff8d738

I know this doesn't really count as "cosplay" but... one of my best mates and I, dressed for his sister's 21st birthday party, a heroes/villains themed night.

On the left is me as Ash Ketchum or "The Pokemon Trainer" and on the right is my mate as the Red Ranger. :P 

For a con coming up in August, about a month from now, I have a small group who are planning on cosplaying from NBC's Hannibal. My girlfriend is going as Will Graham, my best friend is going as Hannibal...and I am going as an anthropomorphic Dire Ravenstag.

I need big, huge, majestic stag antlers that I can make myself, which will stay on my head, and which aren't going to cause me a bazillion and one problems.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I've seen everything from papier-mache to model magic to vacuum-forming and I'm really feeling rather lost.

Foam! I have demon horns in progress made of foam. You can cut and shape it with ordinary scissors and it's super light-weight. You can cut them out of an old mattress or something, or buy some, it shouldn't cost much. You can paint directly on the foam (although, a word of warning, the material soaks up a lot of paint, but if you want a more antler-like appearance and generally a bit more durable product, coat them with liquid latex once you're done shaping them and then paint over that.

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

If I were making these, I'd use expanding foam, then carve them out. Once you have the shape, Cut them  apart in a few places and add some type of screw system so they can be put back together. Then paper mache or wallpaper paste (check this out, the teapot part). Clay is very brittle, I hate clay. Vacuum-forming is a lot of work, you need to create the master (that's heat resistant, won't melt and is air tight). Vacuum forming is a complicated process that really isn't meant to create entire things like horns, it works better for small details to put on the mold master. 

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

So glad to find other costumers on the forums.  I'll be going to Dragoncon this year, so one of my major goals this challenge it getting costumes ready.  I did cosplay back in college, but have only done halloween costumes since then.  For all you poor college kids, my Gundam cost ~$50 and 6mo of work (around class/projects), so it's doable, just don't be afraid to scrounge for materials.

I'm currently working on a custom KotOR-style armored Sith and Nightcrawler for an X-man group.  Once I finish those, I'd like to fix up my Heavyarms and see if I can still fit into it (I was scrawny during college), then I'll see if I have time to change my western outfit into either a Brown Coat or steampunk.

I'd say go with the foam shaping, if it doesn't break the bank.  I've heard great things about it, but haven't been willing to invest the cash in trying it.

If you're in the same boat, I'm having good luck doing a modified paper mache process on some small-mesh fencing material.  I'm lazy and use masking tape instead of paper; it stays in place while you're working and just needs a single coat of glue after each layer is complete.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Unfortunately the other pieces of the costume (shoes, fabric, coat, feather ruff) have already pretty much worn down my bank account to the point that anything more expensive than styrofoam, foil, and duct tape were kind of out of the question...

So I used styrofoam, aluminum foil, and duct tape! They actually turned out great--sturdy, but light, with a gorgeous symmetrical form that even I am happy with (and that is saying something, my god). I'm planning on painting them soon, hopefully this weekend, and just have to figure out how to attach them to the headband. (Need to be a non-permanent attachment--I'm thinking plastic screw anchors held in place with gorilla glue, but we'll see!)

I'll be sure to post pics when it's done. The convention is in just over two weeks, and my drive to make it an AMAZING costume just got ramped up by Bryan Fuller's reaction to a Ravenstag at SDCC! Please Bryan...won't you love me too...? ;_;

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Maybe late to the party, but...

... one of my eventual fitness goals is to go to my first ever con... as Kenshiro.

Many respects for you to go dressed as Kenshiro! 

I have never cosplayed before but always wanted to do it. I was too shallow and hated my body so I could never dawn any sort of outfits. 

Even though I am pretty late in the cosplaying game, once I get to my desired body-weight/type I will probably cosplay as Seras Victoria from Hellsing minus the gigantic boobs. Or Kiryu Kazuma from Yakuza. 

Many respects for you to go dressed as Kenshiro! 

I have never cosplayed before but always wanted to do it. I was too shallow and hated my body so I could never dawn any sort of outfits. 

Even though I am pretty late in the cosplaying game, once I get to my desired body-weight/type I will probably cosplay as Seras Victoria from Hellsing minus the gigantic boobs. Or Kiryu Kazuma from Yakuza. 

Seras Victoria is a great character to cosplay. :) I did her blood covered self from volume 8 of the manga. There are lots of tricks that can be done for the bust (since very few women have the measurements of an anime character), so don't hesitate to research 'em. On cosplay websites. Otherwise that might make for an awkward google search.

I remember my sister doing a Bleach character (one of the busty shinigami? *hasn't watched a lot of Bleach*) and getting compliments on how perfect her bust looked (mostly from women, still a little awkward) - she did it with halter top and a bra that was too small. For Seras I made sure to alter my shirt so it was especially tight at the top (I'm on the busty side, so that worked in my favor), but that was all I had to do to get the overall image.

Cosplay is a great inspiration!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

I'm thinking of doing my first ever cosplay next year at Swancon in Perth, Oz. Shooting for Aeryn Sun from Farscape - costume should be pretty easy, but I'll need to be in good shape to rock leather pants! So a most excellent fitness goal :)

I lack costume making skills, so need lower-effort characters *blushes*

Starbuck from BSG would be cool too, but I don't know that I could do blonde hair!

I'm thinking of doing my first ever cosplay next year at Swancon in Perth, Oz. Shooting for Aeryn Sun from Farscape - costume should be pretty easy, but I'll need to be in good shape to rock leather pants! So a most excellent fitness goal :)

I lack costume making skills, so need lower-effort characters *blushes*

Starbuck from BSG would be cool too, but I don't know that I could do blonde hair!

Eeeek I had to jump into this thread because I just love Aeryn so much!!! I actually have made it a goal both fitness-wise and costuming-wise to do a Chiana cosplay for next StarFest here in Denver (I have until next April, so I think it's totally doable ^^) I love Farscape.

Leather pants are definitely a fitness goal, but they are probably a little more forgiving than you might expect :) The first cosplay I ever made (several years ago, I doubt I could even fit into it now) was the Baroness from G.I. Joe and I was super nervous about the skintight pleather bodysuit, but it actually hid more of my flaws than it showed off. I guess I just offer this info in a "don't be scared" kind of spirit...

Level 2 Goblin Adventurer 
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

First Challenge!

Current Challenge!